Samsung Galaxy Note 2: Changes After 4.3 Update

ProtestTS

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Note 2 from 4.1.2 to 4.3 yesterday, and I'm not happy with the results...
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few little details?

-Is there any way to remove the contact photos from conversations in Messaging.conversations?
-Can I remove text message previews from the lock screen while keeping them in the notification bar?
-Is there any way to have both the swipe screen and lock screen? I can only seem to have one or the other.
-Is there a way to add Mobile Data to the notification bar?
-Is there any way to fix the dreadful battery drain?

I am new to these forums and relatively new to Android (~6 months) so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

guptashe

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Changes After 4.3 Update

I am also facing almost same problems in my note 2 after updating it to 4.3...would appreciate if some one helps!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

As for the preview messages go into the messaging app settings. uncheck the preview box. the others I cant help you with. I did not find a big change in the battery drain after my upgrade.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

The battery drain could be solved by disabling Samsung knox.
There is another thread here about the battery drain. It was solved by defaulting, running upgrade again and defaulting again.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

If you aren't using Knox I would suggest un installing it. After I did that my battery life has gone back to how it was before I updated to 4.3

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

If you have knox installed, go into the app and there will be an option at the bottom that says un install.... Simple enough.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

Paul Ackers

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I also have been having horrendous issues since the update. I have sent this (copy below) email to Samsung support. Does anybody else have any suggestions re my app data restoration issues and not only did I supposedly back up with KIES I also used a third party program called Clean Master back up. That too only backed up the app installation files and none of the actual game save/progress data which is massively annoying.
I also installed and uninstalled KNOX which had no effect and force stopping the various KNOX bits in Application Manager has had no effect either. Some restart anyway and you can't Disable the bl**dy things!

Any help would be much appreciated.
Copy of my email to Samsung:
Can someone please explain to me why following the 4.3 update from 4.1.2 on my Note 2 I have had nothing but problems..and it appears to be widespread amongst other users!!

Before I updated I used KIES to perform a full back up including calendar, applications, misc. files, settings, preferences etc. Once the update was complete I performed ANOTHER back up.

As with many other users I found the battery drain dreadful - even with data switched off, apps stopped - I tried many troubleshooting methods to no avail. So, as Samsung and other forums suggested I performed a factory reset as this was suggested and supposedly cleared the high battery drain and RAM usage.

However not only has this FAILED - my battery drained 30% overnight with all data, gps, screen etc switched off and to make matters worse and extremely annoying is that the back ups I had taken as described above also FAILED in that they did NOT restore my calendar, NOT restore the app DATA only the app installation files and NOT the actual saved game data, which means ALL my apps have been reset and I cannot find a way to get them back!! Plus other promotional apps I had which where ad-free on the day they were installed are now the ad-supported once re-installed from both the Back up and Play store.

I am bitterly disappointed and would like an explanation on how I can restore my lost game/calendar data and resolve this dreadful battery drain.

dblake

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I am down 40% without even using my phone today. This is from 5am to 9am.... so only 4 hours!

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

I am on 13% after 1 day and 8 hours.
Just Disable all apps you don't use. Remove all widget apps.
And see if it gets better.
Then keep GPS of and use juice defender.
If still having problems, reboot and see what apps are running, delete these and test it.
Use CPU spy to monitor if deep sleep is working.
If nothing works, default all and don't install anything. Just turn off all apps you don't use.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Mobile data, yeah, click the button in the top right on the notification bar, it'll show a list of stuff, I guess the first 7 or 8 is what will be on the bar, just drag and drop. I figured it out today when I was cursing the exact same problem.

Enoch Sarausad

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

After updating my phone, all apps seems to work properly, but my signal indicator says "emergency calls only", it doesnt recognize any sim card. i tried using my sim to other phones and it is actually okay. I cant call, receive messages, receive calls, etc after i updated my note 2.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

After updating my phone, all apps seems to work properly, but my signal indicator says "emergency calls only", it doesnt recognize any sim card. i tried using my sim to other phones and it is actually okay. I cant call, receive messages, receive calls, etc after i updated my note 2.

I would do a reboot and battery pull, if that doesn't work, call your carrier and have them reprovision/reset the phone from their end. You won't lose any data it will just reset their network settings.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Enoch Sarausad

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

i updated my software from 4.1 to 4.3 then it started not to detect any sim card. Before the update, it is working properly.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

My wife and I both have the Note 2 and we're experiencing the lag especially when unlocking the phone. It takes awhile for the keyboard to pop up to enter a password to unlock it. I'm using Action Launcher which helps speed things up a bit instead of Touchwiz.

SMS messages are never in order when I receive them, the replies are always above my reply. My wife's phone is the same too. Battery life got fixed when I turned off/on the phone but I seem to be resetting it more often to fix issues.

It's been a year owning these phones for us and I'm hoping we can stick with it until the contract runs out. I've started using it less and less because I'm running out of patience and wondering if it's worth installing Cyanogenmod. My Nexus One still works fine and it's a good backup if I need it. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Serpico: 2 notes here. Stock. 4.3 has no lag and we use nova. It's something on your phones. rom change isn't the answer or I should say should not be required in order for your note to work properly

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site

I will back up pics, files, music, contacts, etc. Then master reset and cache wipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463