Note 2 Issues - Storage & more

Krystal Fabian

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I purchased what was advertised as a new Note 2 n7100 off of eBay as my s3 took an unfortunate slip on ice into a slush puddle... Anyways I was excited when i received the phone today until I turned it on. I immediately noticed that it did not have the normal Samsung Galaxy start up screen. Upon it booting, I noticed the apps root explorer and super user were installed. I looked further and noticed that the serial number reads 0123456789abcdef. I have had rooted phones before and that didn't bother me. I put in my sim and it appeared that the phone would work enough to get me through the end of my contract until I get an "upgrade" from my service provider...

Now the problems start:
1) the battery compartment lists the phone as a gt-n7100, but in the "about phone" it says gt-n7102. Why/how does this happen?
2) I downloaded about 12 apps, (games, weatherbug, drop box totaling 431 mb, but now the phone alerts there is insufficient space to download any more apps and it shows only 45.41 mb available. Unfortunately there is not more of a breakdown under storage except the total space being 12.0 gb, apps 431 mb and available space 45.41 for the internal memory. Any ideas on what I can do? I've contacted the seller to see what they plan to do, but if simply putting this back to stock will help and it is relatively easy I'd try that.

Again any help/ideas are appreciated... I have flashed using Odin, but beyond that have not done much more.

Thanks in advance!

Manky Boy

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I would say that the reason m for all your problems stems from it being a fake. Maybe eBay could sort it out if it bothers you but I don't think there's much you can do about it.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and additionally you only seem to have 500MBs of internal storage. Not the 16 or more gbs you thought you were getting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21