Hi guys

I bought my own phone and use it on the UK 3 network and after I installed the new software update it will not connect to my home wifi, before this update it always picked up my wifi every time it was automatic, so what has changed, when it is trying to connect it says authenticating then it says saved, secured, but doesn't connect and it just keeps doing the same thing over and over but never connects!

This is driving me insane so if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated. Before anyone says do a factory reset I am useless with backing up etc and have no idea how to do that.

Thanks

Andy
    12-21-2013 06:32 AM
    try forgetting the wifi password by clicking on the wifi, and clicking on the forget button. then type in the password again and reconnect.
    12-21-2013 07:18 AM
    Thanks for the reply I tried that but it didn't work, now the phone sometimes connects to wifi but it doesn't last long then it goes off again but as I said before the update it worked perfectly anywhere in the house!
    12-23-2013 03:59 PM
    Have you done a factory reset on the phone?
    12-23-2013 05:42 PM
    Have you done a factory reset on the phone?
    I haven't as I have no idea how to do that and I don't know how to back my stuff up, I have a gmail account which I have never used so I don't think I have the facility to back up and as you can tell I am useless with this sort of stuff : )
    12-23-2013 06:41 PM
    Well you can sync your contacts and calendar to your gmail account and they will come back when you sign in. The play store has every app you have ever installed listed in your apps. You can back up with Kies, but I never use Kies, so don't know much about that.

To reset, you go to settings, then more and you will see "backup and reset". It will take your phone to factory defaults, leave the new 4.3 OS. Anytime I do a software update, I always reset, it tends to work or the kinks and make everything work correctly. It's like a computer, I don't like to upgrade to a new Windows, I prefer a full, new install and the reset is kind of like doing that.
    12-23-2013 07:21 PM
    Well you can sync your contacts and calendar to your gmail account and they will come back when you sign in. The play store has every app you have ever installed listed in your apps. You can back up with Kies, but I never use Kies, so don't know much about that.

To reset, you go to settings, then more and you will see "backup and reset". It will take your phone to factory defaults, leave the new 4.3 OS. Anytime I do a software update, I always reset, it tends to work or the kinks and make everything work correctly. It's like a computer, I don't like to upgrade to a new Windows, I prefer a full, new install and the reset is kind of like doing that.
    Thanks Kelly it's the back up that worries me as I can't afford to lose all my work appointments etc as I use my phone as a diary and like I said I just don't know how to work or get into that gmail acct as I have never used it!!! I know I know I am useless : )
    12-23-2013 07:40 PM
    You might can get t that password sent to t you by text. You are going to need access to that gmail account in case you get a new phone ever..
    12-23-2013 08:05 PM