Backup for my contacts

iandeloford

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I am a new (older) owner of a Note 2. Naturally I wanted to backup on my PC and synch using Kies. Samsung advised there was better firmware so I upgraded successfully to 4.3. Then I was told I had to use Kies3. Now I take an interest in my contacts and there is no sign of them on the PC. I think I have just read that Kies3 does not bother with contacts. Can this be true? Surely not. If so how do I get round this daftness?

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I keep all of my contacts in my Google account so that I never have to worry about them if something was to happen to my phone. Never have to backup and I can always see them on the computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

iandeloford

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to eds817 for your comment, which has been useful. Having run a computer for years and having had my addresses and phone numbers on Access and only very recently acquired a smart phone, I have been surprised at the difficulty of trying to do something obvious; which to me is to be able to synchronise between a phone contacts list and the same on a computer. I have a Google account but have never even noticed the Contacts section because I use Windows Live Mail for contacts. I notice that Google Contacts will import CSV files and of course Access will do everything including export as CSV, so a way forward for me is now clear. So thanks again for your comment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463