help with Camera Uploads folder in my Gallery app please

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Due to the upgrade to Android 4.3 having given my phone freeze/lock up issues I did a factory reset this morning. My camera gallery is linked to Dropbox and it used to show a folder of pics called Camera Uploads which had 600+ pics in it.When I took a pic it went to this folder on Dropbox. My gallery is no longer showing this folder of pics.

There is a folder called Camera with 129 pics on it which after connecting my phone to my PC are on my SD card. This folder also displayed and still does in the gallery. I had both folders previously. When I open my Dropbox app, Camera Uploads is still a folder in my Dropbox so to me that means it's connected to my phone. I just made a bunch of new folders and moved pics around in my Dropbox folder on my PC and these are all showing up in my app.

How can I get my Camera Uploads folder back in my gallery and have new pics I take go to the Camera Uploads folder on Dropbox? They don't seem to be doing that, they're going to the SD card Camera folder from what I can tell.

Thanks,
Deb

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you signed into your Dropbox account on your phone after the reset? I'd check that first. I have a good number of pictures on Dropbox from another phone but they don't appear in my gallery, they would have to be downloaded again to this phone. Are these pictures you took with your current phone then uploaded to Dropbox?

Maybe someone else has another idea but I think if you want the pictures back on your phone you'd have to download them, I don't think they automatically reappear on your phone after a data reset since the reset wiped the device including pictures.

If you want all the new pictures you take to go to Dropbox automatically, sign into your account on your phone, then go to the Dropbox app into settings and choose the auto upload option. They should also be saved to your SD card if you choose that option in the camera settings.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When I restored my apps my Dropbox account was already logged in to. So I turned off camera upload and unlinked the account and closed the app. Opened it, logged on, reset camera upload and re-linked the account. The Camera Uploads folder still doesn't show up but there's a lot of pics in there so may take a bit to display so I'll wait for a bit and see what happens.

How do I save my photos to my SD card in addition to Dropbox?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Downloading them makes no sense to me so I must be missing something. If my camera/phone is connected to my Dropbox account I should be able to access them through the gallery uploads folder. I can view them if i go to my Dropbox app. Download them to where?

Previous to the 4.3 upgrade, my Camera Uploads folder just appeared after I connected my phone to Dropbox. I've just spent another hour trying to get this to work, following all instructions found on Dropbox to make this work. I also tried making a Camera Uploads folder in my camera app, didn't work.

Is there another phone app perhaps that works better/has more options (like one to view the Camera Uploads folder) than what the basic app is that comes with the phone? There is no setting in the camera app to connect/share with Dropbox, I don't remember if there was a setting for this pre-4.3.

This is really frustrating, I'd like to be able to view photos w/the gallery and not have to go to 2 different places to view them. I just don't get what the problem is or what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

silversurfer33

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
WOW! What a brilliant forum - thank you so very very much - msndrstood member!

I've just spent 3 weeks and over 20 emails with Dropbox basically getting nowhere

By doing what you posted in Feb 13 I GOT SUCCESS

tHANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH XXXXXXX

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar