Contacts: Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. Going on for days!!

Raymond Rose

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Do regular back up to samsung cloud, suffice to say given its a common problem today there will be no advice about what we can do other than sitting it out and waiting till they fix it.... If only I had listened to my own advice 5 hours ago lol I might of enjoyed boxing day rather than installing uninstalling switching unswitching, checking unchecking, deleting and creating new accounts etc etc Before seeing this thread. One thing I did learn if you want to delete your old account for samsung you need to reboot first to add another.... doh!!!

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. Been working with Verizon for hours. Samsung Galaxy 4 calendar events will no longer sync up to google calendars. It's something Google changed a few months ago. I'm sick because I need to reset my phone thus loosing all my calendar events because I have no where to store them and sync them back to my phone. Thoughts from anyone on another app that will allow me to store events on my phone and pull them back over to my phone once it's been reset to the factory default?
:-\

tijoantony

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Found the fix.
Go to Settings > Accounts
On the top right side corner you will find a ":" similar icon next to search icon. Click on it and enable "Auto-Sync Data" by clicking the checkbox.

Tijo

andrasfuchs

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Contact option was not listed in Android's (v.6.0.1, Marshmallow) Settings / Accounts / Google sync menu.

The problem was that the Contacts Sync application had no access right to my contacts.

To fix this, I switched the Settings / Apps / Gear icon / App permissions / Contacts / Google Contacts Sync toggle.

After that it started to sync, but I got the same 'Sync is currently experiencing problems'.

It turned out that I exceeded the Google API call limit for the day, so after 24 hours it synced successfully.

To figure out what the problem exactly was I connected my phone through USB to my PC, enabled debugging on the phone, used the `adb logcat` command from the Android SDK and examined the errors/exceptions in that log. This way you can get to the bottom of your calendar issue as well.

cariboo1

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I am getting that error message as well but also can't send messages going on 2 days. It was fine before then. I am receiving messages but again, when I reply or try to send a new message. My emails are stuck in the outbox. Can anyone help?

Anomalief

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I am getting that error message as well but also can't send messages going on 2 days. It was fine before then. I am receiving messages but again, when I reply or try to send a new message. My emails are stuck in the outbox. Can anyone help?

What information does your host file contain? Is your phone rooted?

Wulstan Earley

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Some "experts" get geeky when trying to explain how to do stuff with "devices".

Quite simply, go to "Settings" and "Accounts". Find the "Google" Account. Click on "More" and "Sync now". If it doesn't sync then click on "More" and "Remove account". You will then be asked to "Add an account" for back-up purposes. Just add your Google Account when prompted and it will re-sync.

It worked for me! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney