Contacts: Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. Going on for days!!

adiva45

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
hello:

Suddenly a few days ago my contacts disappeared from my phone. I found several forum posts which I followed and I disabled and reenabled the contact apps,
cleared the data are cleared the cache, nothing worked. There was no contact listed in the phone's regular orange Contacts icon app.

I then downloaded an app called Go Contacts EX. I could see my contacts there, but I found this very difficult to operate, so this is not a solution for me .

I also backed up all of my contacts from my Gmail account, deleted all of them from my Gmail account, then re-imported all of my data again to my Gmail account, then tried to resync the contacts but nothing is working. Now I have all of my contacts again in my Gmail account. But still nothing on my phone.

When on my phone,I click on the Accounts and my Gmail account, even though the "Sync contacts" box is ticked, there is an error message next to it saying "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Yesterday night, I had managed to make it work, but it only synchronized a small part of my 2600 contacts.
Then the contacts on the disappeared mysteriously 10 minutes later.
And it says again: "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

And no, the "sync only with contacts who have phone numbers" is not enabled
The rest of the Calendar and Gmail is synchronizing just fine.

What could be the deal with the "Sync Contacts" that it is not working????

i am open to any suggestions. Thank you so very much in advance!!

Last edited:

William Candelario

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I am also having this problem. I tried deleting my Google account and then adding it back again. The contacts appeared while they were initially syncing but then the error returned and my contacts are gone. Was there some kind of update that could have had a bug?

Machinist60

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem with gmail on n7 (2012). Toggled auto-sync data and gmail sync numerous times, no go. Frustrating, Google are too smart for their own good. When did computers speed things up? (mini rant)

Help please, John.

evo666

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Move all your contacts to the phone instead of syncing it to your email. I had problems where numbers disappeared along with favorite contacts widget. No problem ever since.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on Tapatalk

adiva45

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Move all your contacts to the phone instead of syncing it to your email. I had problems where numbers disappeared along with favorite contacts widget. No problem ever since.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on Tapatalk

Moved all my contacts to my phone, but they still disappear once in a while, it doesn't solve my problem. it doesn't make sense!

Jason Ladouceur

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting sync errors on my phone. im using a nexus 4 android its preventing my access to google play and to my gmail. Ive tried removing and re adding the account, adding a second account, turning sync off and on repeatedly, forcing a re sync repeatedly, and clearing app caches just in case. Nothing so far has worked. If this keeps up, im returning the damn phone and getting something else!

Mark Prucnal

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I had sync problems with maps and later Google Play. Maps had sync error and Google Play had authentication failure. This seems to be a problem with the mobile connection access. Both worked normally using wifi on tablet, so I used wifi to sync on the my note 2 phone then turned wifi off and all worked normally on mobile after that. This may work for contacts also so just try using wifi and see if it works.

Posted via Android Central App

sharifyy

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. just use a VPN service to connect to internet then sync manually. (I used hotspot shield VPN)
it works great