Should i update to version 4.3?

UVERtainment

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i will be soon getting a note 2 and it should comes with the android version 4.1.1 or 4.1.2

1) So i was wondering should i update it to version 4.3 or just stick to the current version? (Advice is greatly needed)

Since i have heard and seen many news regarding problems on 4.3 (Ex. battery drainage problem, even laggier than b4 etc)

2) So if any of u guys have updated and experience the following problems, did u fixed it? How do u do so?

Thank You

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
As far I know, the phones ship with the latest update, so it's probably going to be on 4.3
If it comes with 4.1.2, I'd hold off on it and look into rooting and flashing custom ROMs so you can flash a 4.3 ROM that way, and avoid all of the issues people are having

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. If it comes with version 4.3, would the existing problem still occur in the phone? Or would the phone be 4.3 error-free?

It's more likely that you won't have the issues. The reason you see it a lot online is because the people who have the problems are going to write about it, but not the people whose phones are working fine. If you do have the issues, there are fixes for some

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

UVERtainment

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Alright, i just received my phone and it cames with 4.3 :D

Question: how long do i nid to charge for the first time? 8 hours?

Question: does 3G runs faster on note 2?
Previously on my S2, using Speedtest, my dl spd has only reached up to about 1mbps. but now i tested it on my note 2 and it can actually go up to 33mbps (WOW).

Tks for the reply in advanced

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Alright, i just received my phone and it cames with 4.3 :D

Question: how long do i nid to charge for the first time? 8 hours?

Question: does 3G runs faster on note 2?
Previously on my S2, using Speedtest, my dl spd has only reached up to about 1mbps. but now i tested it on my note 2 and it can actually go up to 33mbps (WOW).

Tks for the reply in advanced

It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to charge.
If you're getting 33 MBPs download, it's not 3G :eek: speeds are more in line with LTE

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Might depend on the carrier and location. I have heard of Tmo 3G speeds hitting mid 20s DL speed before.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

UVERtainment

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
i've noticed my battery life depleting faster than expected. 30mins idle time and it drops by 5%. Web-browsing for 1hour depletes it by 15%+.

so far, i've tuned my brightness to the minimum, off google location, off or set every auto-sync to manual. Not sure if its the battery problem or battery-draining apps

Advice is appreciated.

UVERtainment

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
ok tks. will monitor it for 4-5 days then.

on a sidetrack, do u know where can i find any adblocks? i used adblock plus last time for my S2 but now the app does not seems to work on 4.3 phones.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ok tks. will monitor it for 4-5 days then.

on a sidetrack, do u know where can i find any adblocks? i used adblock plus last time for my S2 but now the app does not seems to work on 4.3 phones.

Offhand, not sure.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta