And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Ummm...The home page of this site!

"Samsung Galaxy U.S. devices currently scheduled to receive the KitKat update include select carrier variants of the Galaxy Note? 3, Galaxy Note? II, Galaxy S? 4, Galaxy S? 4 mini™, Galaxy S? 4 Active™, Galaxy S? 4 zoom™, Galaxy S? III, Galaxy S? III mini™, Galaxy Mega?, Galaxy Light, Galaxy Note? 8.0, Galaxy Tab? 3, Galaxy Note? 10.1, Galaxy Note? 10.1 2014 Edition.

Availability varies by carrier and product, with updates beginning today and continuing throughout the coming months. "

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It is great for those looking for more current updates. Myself, it really makes no difference as I don't buy into the update game (OS or apps) as it too frequently breaks stuff and causes problems. I prefer the axiom "If it ain't broke....". :) It's one major reason I root and freeze the OTA updater to stay on existing firmware (wish Google/Android gave us a native way to do that without needing root). As to newer software, I'll look for it on new devices when the time comes. :)

wlaw422

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear but honestly... Me being on Verizon... I'll believe it when I see it. I'll remain skeptical up until that point.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear but honestly... Me being on Verizon... I'll believe it when I see it. I'll remain skeptical up until that point.

Posted via Android Central App

You're getting it regardless of carrier. You may get it later than others, but I don't see why you wouldn't get it at all.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, i gues i'm skipping this one. Because the external SD-card is restricted. Got a 32GB card, i do want to keep it.
I do am happy with the 4.3 completely. 4.4.2 would be nice, but only if the SD-Card is not restricted.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, i gues i'm skipping this one. Because the external SD-card is restricted. Got a 32GB card, i do want to keep it.
I do am happy with the 4.3 completely. 4.4.2 would be nice, but only if the SD-Card is not restricted.

How is an android update going to stop us from using a 32GB card on a non-Nexus device??

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
its not as bad as u make it out to be, actually. relax. some apps may need updates. big deal.

Well i guess i will wait it out. But i really use the SD-card.
I keep my eyes on the Solid Explorer, which i use. In the mean time, i disabled the auto update feature.
With the 4.3 it's already better than the original firmware, i don't have any issues and am happy about it. I would love the 4.4, but really need the SD-card function.

I also watch the youtube channel, "the daily note 2 and 3" which test every feature of the upgrades on the Note 3 and 2. Great channel.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well i guess i will wait it out. But i really use the SD-card.
I keep my eyes on the Solid Explorer, which i use. In the mean time, i disabled the auto update feature.
With the 4.3 it's already better than the original firmware, i don't have any issues and am happy about it. I would love the 4.4, but really need the SD-card function.

I also watch the youtube channel, "the daily note 2 and 3" which test every feature of the upgrades on the Note 3 and 2. Great channel.

pretty much everyone wants to use a large capacity SD card. it will all work out.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
pretty much everyone wants to use a large capacity SD card. it will all work out.
I couldn't be leave that samsung would implement or take over this from the source files. Because all their phones has an sd-card slot. But it was true for the Note 3 and S4 updates.
I have not yet found a official response from Samsung on this issue.