Note 2: Touchscreen Problems

Anthony Blis

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Good Day Guys,

Hope you are all doing well and hopefully help me out with my problem.

I have a Galaxy Note 2 and have had this phone for over a year now, but it started to show problems with the touchscreen.
Everytime I am using the phone while doing anything it will after a while freeze and none not respond to touch, nor will the Home, Back or Menu buttons work. I would have to press the power button block it and unblock it for it to work. You can notice this issue much more while playing games like Plants vs Zombies, Fifa 14 or any of those apps that requires lots of touch.

At first I already tried to clean the cache for touchwiz in Applications Manager, also I wiped the cache by pressing the Power Button, Home and Volume Up buttons while the phone was off. Also I did the * # 0 * # touch test and it pass, I tried all others and it passes as well.

The only thing that I have noticed is that if the screen is on for too long and with the brightness on max the phone does tend to get hot, but that's like after a couple of hours and when this happens it could be a minutes or more or less.

There is only one thing that I haven't tried and that is to do a factory reset which by what I have read so far doesn't help too much.

PLEASE HELP and Thanks in advance for all the help I can get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Touchscreen Problems

I had a similar problem with my old S3, which the screen and buttons would freeze up like you're describing, but only once in a great while. It started to happen about 5 or 6 times before I traded it in for My Galaxy Note 2. I found out that doing a simple battery pull would get it back working. Try that before a Factory Reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12