Brightness Issues with 4.3

sky147

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. I updated my Note 2 to 4.3 like a month ago, when the country I live in finally got the update. However, the brightness settings within the apps like MX Player or Moon Reader stopped working. I contacted developers of the apps, thinking it was about them but no result. It was as if auto brightness was set.

Today I began to uninstall my apps one by one to see which one causes the problem. Tried to uninstall Knox(some people said it might be the cause) and then something happened. I could change the brightness by the system preferences or the bar in the notification area, now I can't do anything and it's set to the % 0 brightness. I found by accident that when I try to uninstall samsung Links app, brightness starts working for a second. Then as soon as uninstall of the updates finishes I get an error saying Links stopped working and brightness goes down to zero again.

Actually nothing has changed other than my attempts to change something. I couldn't uninstall Knox because it wasn't installed from the beginning although it looks like it's working background, I can't uninstall Links or AllShare and nothing changes with either version.

When I restart the phone, like a few seconds the phone is in full brightness and as soon as apps complete loading to ram, it is dimmed again. So it's related to something working in the background for sure, and presumably it's one of the dozens of samsung apps I never use yet I can't uninstall. Any advices on how to fix it?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you SURE you don't have any 3rd party screen brightness apps installed? I have one on my phone called Brightness. If it's set to autorun, it will dim the screen to the user's preset value...

sky147

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Are you SURE you don't have any 3rd party screen brightness apps installed? I have one on my phone called Brightness. If it's set to autorun, it will dim the screen to the user's preset value...
Yeah I think that might be it for the second part of the problem. I had an app named Lux something, although I installed it after in-app brightness stopped working. Anyway I did a factory reset and now working with all that stuff. And that app forced my brightness into auto. But I still don't know why MX player's brightness stopped working at all. Hope it won't reoccur when I install all my apps again. Thanks for quick help.

sky147

May 8, 2014
Visit site

I solved it thanks to you but I messaged the reply I meant to write here to you. Sorry for my longish irrelevant message.

Oh it's here, it's just delayed. Now I apologize to forum folks for my impatience.