Australian Note 2 - disappearing dock icons

lofty2121

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, please help me!

I recently purchased an Australian Note 2 running 4.3, and the Australian version doesn't let you customise the dock. This would be okay, if it weren't for the fact that it randomly went from having 4 icons (contacts, internet, messaging and app drawer) to having 3 icons, with the messaging app disappearing. i tried dragging it back out from the app drawer and clearing the cache with no success, rebooted the phone and it was back! but now the internet icon is disappearing.

I am not rooted or using a different launcher to the stock one, and I was hoping somebody would be able to tell me how to fix this. the only solution i can find elsewhere is to drag it out of the app drawer which is made null by the fact that its an australian phone and the dock is stuck the way it is

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's odd that you can't customize the dock--does it actually specify somewhere in the manual or in any online materials that it can't be done? What's the exact model number of the phone, so that we can do a little digging as well?

lofty2121

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
model number is GT-N7105. It doesn't specify it in the model, but when i was trying to find out last week how to customise the dock, every forum post i read on the issue (after googling samsung note 2 unable to change dock or something similar) every thread i read had someone saying in it that on the australian ones the dock is permanent and to change it would require nova or something else

edit: just did some quick digging and read that this is imposed by my mobile carrier optus, and touchwiz

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
just did some quick digging and read that this is imposed by my mobile carrier optus, and touchwiz

Well that stinks. I'd encourage you and all other Optus users to contact Optus customer support and voice your displeasure. There's just no reason to lock down the dock, unless they assume their users are completely incompetent or something.:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz