Hangouts app keeps appearing in Play Store updates section, BUT...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
...it's dated Sep 18 and if I choose to let it update, the phone reboots itself after an aborted update attempt. If I clear Play Store cache, the update is removed for a while. This has been happening for weeks. The Hangouts "update" will appear about once or twice per day. Because of this issue, I can't choose "Update All" when I see a bunch of updates pending in the Play Store. I've tried resetting the phone's cache, to know avail. My wife's phone doesn't have this issue. I don't want to do a factory reset, so does anyone know about this issue?

I've tried uninstalling both Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer and reinstalling but it never installs a different version that clears up this issue.

My version is 2.3.75067996. The version that shows in Play Store is 2.3.7521955 and USUALLY it shows the date as Sep 18th, but a couple of times it shows as Oct 22. It's all very, very weird! What versions do you guys have installed currently?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Try booting into Recovery and wiping the system cache partition. Apk files downloaded from Google Play Store are temporarily stored there, so it's possible that some previous apk file is confusing the system. Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note II | T-Mobile Support.

My Nexus 5 has 2.3.75731955.

Things I have done over the last month or so of having this issue:

cleared system cache. clearedApp Store cache, data, force stop, reboot. within a day, the Sept 18 version would appear in the Play Store.

What I did yesterday (following the appearance of a BRAND NEW version of hangouts on my wife's Play Store), I did what I mentioned above, but I also deleted both Hangouts Dialer and Hangouts, rebooted, and then saw the newest version of hangouts and installed it without problem. I hope that is the end of the appearance in the Play Store of the Sept 18 version, as now I have a much newer version installed.

I'm now on Hangouts 2.4.78234730. I see that YOUR version is the one I kept seeing in the Play store! Perhaps you will now be able to install the .4730 version?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol