Why am I having issues with my Note 2 since the LCD screen replacement?

Charles Crosno

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
note 2 lcd screen replacement problem

wife broke my lcd screen on my note 2. ordered the part for it and swapped everything out last night. put it all back together and turned it on and it flashes a streak of colors on the screen for a second and turns off. the phone boots just fine and my computer reads it. is there anything im missing or should I go back to the company I got the lcd screen from?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: note 2 lcd screen replacement problem

This is why my advice to anyone asking about replacing a screen is "don't". You may have put the plug in wrong. Or filed to lock it. Or pinched a wire. Or broken something. You should have plugged the screen in with the phone open, then tried it. Now you have 2 choices, you can open the phone again, see what you did wrong and fix it (which may require replacing more parts) or you can find a shop willing to work on a phone you've already worked on (which most won't - I never allowed that in any cellphone store I owned, it's too expensive when we tell the customer that the repair is going to be more than the phone is worth, he leaves without paying and we're out 5 hours of labor and we have a phone worth scrap in parts.)

It's why I always say that it's cheaper to pay to have it fixed the first time, than to have it fixed after you've broken more than was wrong with it at first.

Charles Crosno

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: note 2 lcd screen replacement problem

the kit that I ordered was pretty simple. take the connectors off the board and the case and glue off. I did notice that the home button flex cable was damaged.