Pictures randomly disappeared

alexx1227

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Earlier today I had all my pictures on my note 2 then all of a sudden I went to check and they were gone. Like everything. But I didn't erase them. I know I probably can't get them back but how can I prevent this from happening again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were the photos saved to Internal Storage or to a microSD card? SD cards can get corrupted, and it seems to happen a bit more often in Samsung devices (at least it seems that way, judging from the posts in AC).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To see if you can recover the lost photos, unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Does the computer's file manager see the card? If so, try to backup as much as you can. If the card isn't recognized (or only some of the data is there), try running chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

The setting to change default storage for the camera is usually in the Camera app's settings. Open Camera, tap Menu (or the settings icon, which usually looks like a gear), and look for an option for default storage location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12