Why does my Galaxy Note 2 w/Kitkat 4.4.2 keep prompting me to make Messaging the Default App?

herschen

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Note 2 w/Kitkat 4.4.2 keeps prompting to make Messaging the Default App

My wife recently upgraded via the About Device to an upgraded version of Android. I believe her phone already had KitKat 4.4.2, so I don't know what the upgrade actually did. However, now whenever she turns off the phone for a while, the Messaging app pops up and prompts her to "set the Messaging App as the default messaging app." I went to the application manager and turned off notifications from the Messaging App. This did not work. I attempted to search for this same problem and did not find any answers. Is there anyway to disable this from happening without root? It's like Google decided that the best move for them to make is to become the "Ask.com" search bar for Android. Here's a link to the screenshot:

Here's the phone info:
Phone Network: AT&T
Model: Samsung SGH-I317
Android 4.4.2
Kernel 3.0.31-1728680
Build KOT49H.I317UCUCNE5

Thanks.

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 2 w/Kitkat 4.4.2 keeps prompting to make Messaging the Default App

I just received this update this morning and I notice HD symbol when I'm on a call. I also notice if you use word predict it's double spaced which is annoying me right now

mojo1444

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 2 w/Kitkat 4.4.2 keeps prompting to make Messaging the Default App

Hi,
Same issue here it seems after the update my device keeps promoting me to choose a default app once i choose as always it will promote that option again and again no matter what options you choose for every single time and also the double space in prediction type is annoying and the storage readings are are off by 5GB than the actual size.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL