Software update rollback - Is it possible?

Gary Baris

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy Note 2 notified me of a software update which I had to download a few months ago. I didn't have WiFi access at the time so I postponed it and eventually got a new router with fast WiFi about a week ago. I proceeded to approve the update and it took almost 8 hours to download and eventually install. It was over 300mb.

I now absolutely hate my phone!!!!! The new software totally sucks. I had set everything up to my liking and it's all changed. It has this auto complete function that puts in whatever it damn-well pleases when you type a text message or email. I Googled how to turn it off, went into the settings to turn it off and it was already set to off. I turned it on, went out, restarted the phone and went back into the settings and turned it off again restarting the phone again. No bloody joy.

There are websites with entire sections dedicated to the stupid things this feature put into peoples text messages and emails when apple did this and now android goes and does the same thing. To hell with this, My next phone will be a windows phone.

What I need to know is how do I uninstall this stupid bloody update.

You people at Android should be shot for stupidity. My phone was pretty damn close to perfectly the way I liked it and now I hate it. I have to fight this damn stupid auto-correct feature every time I try and type something.:mad::( Why,why,why,why?

Right now I hate Android!!!!!!!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't roll back - there's nothing to roll back to. The update doesn't add to what's there, it replaces it.

You can go to SamMobile Firmwares and find the older ROM you prefer for your phone for your country and carrier. Then use Odin to install it. Back up EVERYTHING, because it'll all be wiped out.

(If you're on AT&T or Verizon, you can't back past a major update, so 4.4.4 back to 4.2 is possible, 5 to 4 isn't.)

Gary Baris

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. This is such a stupid idea. I don't understand why they don't just do security updates like Microsoft. I loved the version that was on my phone but I got the notification that it need to be updated for security reasons. Now I hate my phone. Every time I try and send a message or email I get about 10 words into it before I feel like throwing it against the wall. Everything is completely different now and I don't like it at all. I have no idea what version was on the phone before.

My phone was updated to 4.4.2 and I'm not with AT&T or Verizon as I'm in South Africa. It does concern me though because I don't know whether or not there will be any issues with the service provide I'm on.

Gary Baris

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Johan, Still won't fix the settings and menus though. Everything made sense the way it was before and now I can't find anything. I so hate it when companies do things like this. My phone is a productivity tool and not a toy. It is now so counter productive that I actually come to my desktop PC to type these replies as it would drive me crazy to do it on my phone.

As an example, I typed a reply to a message from a web development company regarding the differences between the mobile and PC versions of my website and when I typed PC, it automatically changed to Photo. I changed it back to PC and not 3 words down the line it changed back to Photo. It would not allow me to change it to PC (at least not for long). I had to change the wording to say desktop computer which it allowed me to do.

I just get so angry at this nonsense being forced down my throat without me having the option not to. Had they said that they would be changing everything I'd not have updated. Telling me it needed to update for security reasons was bull**** as far as I'm concerned. I never had any issues with my phone until now.

I'm beyond angry at this point, I'm enraged at their bloody stupidity!!!! So much so that I'm sitting at 4 am trying to find out how hard it would be to go back to the previous versions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781