T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 unknown parsing error, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Unknown Parsing Error

My wife clicked on some FB clickbait yesterday and now her phone keeps getting the dreaded parsing error. The only problem is we can't figure out what app is actually causing the problem. Short of a factory reset (we really want to avoid this) how can we attempt to locate the issue. I suspect the Korean webpage she visited is attempting to try an install something that isn't compatible with the phone in the background and we simply can't figure out how to discover what it is and stop it. We've enabled the "Unknown Sources" to see if we can't simply allow it to install but no luck with that either.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Unknown Parsing Error

My wife clicked on some FB clickbait yesterday and now her phone keeps getting the dreaded parsing error. The only problem is we can't figure out what app is actually causing the problem. Short of a factory reset (we really want to avoid this) how can we attempt to locate the issue. I suspect the Korean webpage she visited is attempting to try an install something that isn't compatible with the phone in the background and we simply can't figure out how to discover what it is and stop it. We've enabled the "Unknown Sources" to see if we can't simply allow it to install but no luck with that either.

Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried to boot into recovery and wipe the cache to see if that helps any?

Also, if you go into App Manager, if you haven't already, and checked the downloaded section to see if you see anything downloaded there you don't recognize.

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes I forgot to mention I tried a reboot after resetting the cache from the boot screen. Unfortunately my wife deleted everything from her downloads section prior to alerting me to the problem in an attempt to "fix it" which is part of the reason I can't track down what is causing it. Even attempts to go back to the original clickbait site to repeat the steps don't appear to work, probably because whatever was attempting to install is still on the device and thus is detected by the site so it doesn't attempt to reinstall it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I forgot to mention I tried a reboot after resetting the cache from the boot screen. Unfortunately my wife deleted everything from her downloads section prior to alerting me to the problem in an attempt to "fix it" which is part of the reason I can't track down what is causing it. Even attempts to go back to the original clickbait site to repeat the steps don't appear to work, probably because whatever was attempting to install is still on the device and thus is detected by the site so it doesn't attempt to reinstall it.

She uninstalled all her downloaded apps from the Play Store?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
She removed everything from her download folder. All apps she previously had installed are still installed. Since she removed everything that was in her download folder I can't check to see what was attempted to be installed via that method.

Well check the Downloaded in the App manager and see you there is an app you don't recognize.

Attachments

• 1431970579321.jpg
    1431970579321.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay