Hi
    So, this is what's going on. I bought MIKA's album 'The Origin of Love' from iTunes a couple of weeks ago and noticed that instead of the artists name being MIKA or Mika, it's all in lowercase; mika. I just overlooked it and hoped it would sort itself out over time however I also noticed the same thing was happening with some other artists.
    I then bought MIKA's new album 'No Place In Heaven' from the Google Playstore and the same thing is happening! I've tried clearing my music and adding each back on at a time but no success I'm finding this really irritating because it makes it look all messy.
    I have also downloaded a music tag editor but it only allows you to change information for each individual song but even in each song, the info writes the artists name as MIKA!!
    I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    I'm not sure what to do now.
    07-05-2015 01:07 PM
    Hi
    So, this is what's going on. I bought MIKA's album 'The Origin of Love' from iTunes a couple of weeks ago and noticed that instead of the artists name being MIKA or Mika, it's all in lowercase; mika. I just overlooked it and hoped it would sort itself out over time however I also noticed the same thing was happening with some other artists.
    I then bought MIKA's new album 'No Place In Heaven' from the Google Playstore and the same thing is happening! I've tried clearing my music and adding each back on at a time but no success I'm finding this really irritating because it makes it look all messy.
    I have also downloaded a music tag editor but it only allows you to change information for each individual song but even in each song, the info writes the artists name as MIKA!!
    I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    I'm not sure what to do now.
    Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like the Tag is getting messed up somehow. Try this tag editor and see if it helps, I have used it for a while and it has always done what I needed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.ADnet&hl=en
    07-08-2015 07:25 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion but that just does what the previous does - only allows you to change song/album settings not artist. The songs are still showing MIKA with capitals but still lowercase in my music player.
    McFly also seems to be affected too since I downloaded it yesterday. Why?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails I'm not sure why only one of my music artist's names is in lowercase?-screenshot_2015-07-09-21-31-01.jpg   I'm not sure why only one of my music artist's names is in lowercase?-screenshot_2015-07-09-21-38-46.jpg  
    07-09-2015 03:45 PM