All Hell Has Broken Loose!

isamsson

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My Wife's Note 2 started acting erratically over the last couple days. Last week she lots two thirds of her pictures from the last year (they just vanished off her phone). Then her desktop reverted back to a wallpaper she had applied a few weeks back but since changed (strangely enough from some of the images that no longer exist on her phone). Then yesterday her phone simply stopped making calls, telling her it couldn't read the sim card. I took it out and restarted the phone, which now is stuck at the "Samsung Note II" splash screen and won't load any further.

I tried doing the recovery option using the Android Manager, but I get a series of failure notices. Even when I apply the "wipe/factory reset" option, I get nothing. Just fail, fail, fail and back to the splash screen.

Any thoughts? We have no idea the cause but are more concerned about how to fix it. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yikes, that doesn't sound too good. In addition to Rukbat's suggestion, see what happens if you remove the SD card, in case it's corrupt and causing issues. I doubt it would prevent the phone from booting properly, but it won't hurt to try.

isamsson

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried flashing it using Odin3. It says it's connected once I put it into download mode but after I hit start it fails and says it can't open the serial (COM) port. Is that a bad sign? Is it FUBAR at this point?

If anyone's interested, the exact failure it gets when I book into Android Recovery is as follows:

E: failed to mount /efs (No such file or directory)
E: failed to mount /system (No such file or directory)
E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
E: failed to mount /cashe/recovery/log (No such file or directory)

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
My Wife's Note 2 started acting erratically over the last couple days. Last week she lots two thirds of her pictures from the last year (they just vanished off her phone). Then her desktop reverted back to a wallpaper she had applied a few weeks back but since changed (strangely enough from some of the images that no longer exist on her phone). Then yesterday her phone simply stopped making calls, telling her it couldn't read the sim card. I took it out and restarted the phone, which now is stuck at the "Samsung Note II" splash screen and won't load any further.

I tried doing the recovery option using the Android Manager, but I get a series of failure notices. Even when I apply the "wipe/factory reset" option, I get nothing. Just fail, fail, fail and back to the splash screen.

Any thoughts? We have no idea the cause but are more concerned about how to fix it. Thanks!

Has your phone been hot and battery life terrible? Do you have a Microsoft Exchange account like an Outlook acct?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol