The stock Music Player has always worked perfectly on my over 2-year-old Galaxy Note 2. I store my music files on my 64 Gb SD card, still only half full.

I recently ripped three new CDs to my PC Windows Media Player, and then copied the new files to the music folder on the GN2, just like I always have.

These new files, and ONLY the new files, are skipping along as if the music player were in fast-forward mode. All the old files still play correctly.

I have tried ripping the music on different PCs, and with different versions of Windows, but still the same fast-forward problem. I've tried several different music players; same problem. I've tried storing the new files in the device storage instead of the SD card; same problem.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

Will rooting the GN2 possibly solve the prolem?

Is it time for a newer Galaxy Note?
    12-28-2015 04:45 PM
    I would try to clear cache and app data on the music app
    12-28-2015 05:17 PM
    Thanks, I tried that, but no joy. The player is still skipping as if in fast-forward. Any other ideas?
    12-29-2015 10:45 AM
    I have encountered this with WMP. Try an alternative to rip to the format you want. Exact Audio Copy is what I always use. It's freeware
    12-29-2015 10:53 AM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. I've never had trouble with WMP in the past. The ripped music plays just fine on the PC. It's only when I copy it to my smartphone that the problem occurs, and only with stuff I've recently ripped. Hmmmm, perhaps Windows has caved in to the music industry, too.
    12-30-2015 10:39 AM
    An update: I have not yet had the opportunity to try Exact Copy as a CD ripper. However, I've found that the new music files ripped with WMP play correctly if I copy them to the phone's native memory, rather than the SD card. I suspect there may be a problem with either the SD card or the internal connections to it. I've pulled the card, cleaned the contacts and re-inserted it, but the fast-forward problem still exists.
    01-13-2016 11:27 AM