Note 2 Searching for GPS problems

Hi I have the note 2 and for some time now I have been having problems using my sat nav be it google maps or co-pilot which is the two I have been using up to now.

for some reasons my not keeps saying searching for gps but never finds it. I did try doing a reinstall of the whole phone and it did work for a day or so but now has gone back to saying searching for gps

have tried 3 different gps fix apps but non helped

can anyone help please I use my sat nav all the time and feeling lost with out it

note GT-N7105
    Android vir 4,4.2
    08-31-2016 08:34 AM
    Moved to the Note 2 forum.

Does this problem persist in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11474. You might have to use it for at least a day in Safe Mode to see if the problem returns. If it doesn't, that would suggest that some app you installed is interfering.
    sealover1 likes this.
    08-31-2016 04:10 PM
    Hi Thanks for that I tried it in safe mode and the problem is still the same so you think it must be an app I have installed onto it that's interfering with it then?... I do have lots on there no idea which one is doing it though, is it a question of uninstalling every app one at a time then?

trouble is if I do a new install google downloads all of my apps at once so not sure where to start to find out which one is doing it
    09-01-2016 07:29 AM
    Have you tried Waze. I have the same problem. Going to try Waze now. It may be Software.
    09-01-2016 12:18 PM
    Very interesting, I have the Note 2 now AT&T. I'm having the same GPS problems with Google Maps but Waze worked right from the get-go but when I made my first turn I couldn't find the GPS. I looked to see what was open and Google Maps and Uber were open so I closed them and then I never have another problem again. Keep in mind Waze doesn't have satellite view so it's less of a drain on memory or ram or whatever. I got to my location without a problem. It seems to be a little bit slower than Google Maps because I had that on my tablet. Now I'm having second thoughts about shelling out $250 for a Note 4.

Here's the thing , I probably need another cell phone line for business at least for a while because my old area code is 516 and I moved to 561 so people at screwing things up and I could be losing calls. So my options are, to get another phone like a note 4 for $250 and pay $15 a month for a second line AT&T or To get one of the buy one get one free phones, pay $30 a month and another 15 for the second line. That's 45 a month but if I lose my phone or it breaks I'll have the other one as a backup and then I can reactivate Note 2 as the other line. With the brand new phones I'll be paying $45 a month more plus tax, that's also tax deductible because my primary use is for business.

However I was planning on getting an LG v20 but that seems to be coming out without a changeable battery. So I don't know what's left as far as phones with changeable batteries. It is amazing the Note 2 it's still working fine except for that GPS problem which could be solved with Waze or maybe taking Google Maps off satellite mode, I have not tried that.

The cheapest thing would be to just buy the Note 4, pay 15 bucks a month more and use the Note 2 for the other line , at least until I can figure out what I want to do. How reliable are these Galaxy Note 4s
    09-01-2016 01:13 PM
    Hi Thanks for that I tried it in safe mode and the problem is still the same so you think it must be an app I have installed onto it that's interfering with it then?.
    No, it's the other way around--if the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it doesn't have to do with anything you installed. It's more likely to be a firmware or hardware issue. When you mentioned doing a reinstall of the phone, I assume you meant a factory reset, correct? If the firmware has become corrupt, then a factory reset won't help, because it's just restoring the phone to the same corrupt firmware. You could try reinstalling the firmware using Kies (http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...sung-kies.html). Make sure you back up or sync all of your data first, because I believe this wipes the phone.
    Cooler299 likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:57 PM
    The cheapest thing would be to just buy the Note 4, pay 15 bucks a month more and use the Note 2 for the other line, at least until I can figure out what I want to do.
    Some nice deals on refurbished Note 4, Note Edge, and Note5 here: Samsung Note Unlocked Phones - Woot
    09-02-2016 09:58 PM
    well got so fed up with this problem that I bought another Samsung 2 same LTE model, and god man its doing the same thing as my other one, theres something I,m downloading when syncing with google account I think as it was working to start with then after downloading all my apps its staed doing it again. I like the note 2 I got lots of spare batteries and things to go with it so don't really want to upgrade, I wonder if rooting it might help? what do you think?
    09-03-2016 07:21 AM
    seems this is happening to the note 4 as well so upgrading the phone wont do any good either. so is this the end of the note phone as we know it if we want to use GPS??
    09-03-2016 01:26 PM
    See if this article helps: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Cannot Connect to GPS [How to solve]
    sealover1 and Cooler299 like this.
    09-03-2016 02:07 PM
    nope tried that even tried tightening the back screws as that seems to be a problem with he s3 not sure what to do now
    09-03-2016 03:12 PM
    Sorry, but I'm stumped. I hope you're able to find a solution!
    sealover1 likes this.
    09-04-2016 02:30 AM
    Keep in mind if the phone is getting hot and the batteries are swelling because the phone is constantly looking for satellites, you could have a problem and you need to shut off location services.
    09-04-2016 10:44 AM
    problem sorted now if you ever get this problem download Samsung Smart Switch app on your PC and do a full wipe and reinstalled not just a reset.

this has worked for me and its working find now.

can be downloaded here

Thanks for the help though guys
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-05-2016 09:38 AM
    Great! Although it's still puzzling to me that the same thing happened on a different Note 2 ...
    09-05-2016 01:25 PM
    The above article might solve your issue but if it does not then I feel that it might be because of installing multiple Navigation Apps. Try uninstalling the ones which you don't use and stick to only one App that you prefer.
    09-08-2016 02:16 AM
    It sound like a very good solution. i'll try on my note 2. my gps also problem past few days.
    09-11-2016 06:24 PM