I play podcasts and stream audio from Chrome on my Note 2. Never a problem, but now all of a sudden it plays for a few minutes, then stops. I tap the play button and it plays a few seconds, then stops. If I keep tapping "play" it might play for a few minutes and then stop again. This happens on both Chrome and my podcast app (with downloaded podcasts), but YouTube is ok. I thought maybe some app that updated was causing this, so I deleted a couple of the recent updates. I also reverted Chrome to the factory default (lost all my bookmarks because I forgot to back them up) but the problem persisted. I installed a different podcast app--same thing happened.

I tried a lot of suggestions I found online, including shutting down and rebooting, disabling power saving, taking the battery out and putting in a different one, no dice.

Then I turned wifi off before playing a podcast. Bingo, no problem. But that doesn't help me with Chrome streaming. So there must be some app that is interfering. But I can't figure out what it might be. I haven't added any new apps so it must have been an update that screwed things up. No idea which one, though.

I am not very tech savvy and have no idea what is wrong. So I'd be grateful for any help.
    07-24-2017 12:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Galaxy Note forum to the Note 2 forum.

Is the screen going to sleep at the same time the streaming stops? Chrome doesn't stay awake along with the screen.
    09-27-2017 05:59 PM
    Thank you--On advice from the podcast developer, I resolved this by enabling the setting 'ignore other apps' audio focus requests' in the note 2 settings. No problems since.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-28-2017 09:18 AM