Galaxy Note 20 Series, via OnLeaks.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 20+, via OnLeaks.

Only a few more weeks then all will be revealed.
The UK will get the Exynos 990, there will be no charger in the box and it will cost more than ever before, they will ask us to trade in our Note 10's and give us next to nothing for them, there will also be no pre order gifts but who's being pessimistic;)

No charger.
Guess that is extra
I can't believe it.

What are these phone companies thinking.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

No charger, no propb;em You have 5 or 6 of them I say good one on less waste.
Not hat I'll be gettiong te Not 20 anything anyway. 10+ works for me and I'll wait for them t6o switch th buttons and pens back to the corrrect side.

Also cameras along the top rather down one side would be good for aethetics and symatry.

Mainly though. After just dpending a grand on the 10+ I am not prepared to fork out on another phone for 3 years.

TodaySteve

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site

Not going to trade my 10+ but I do believe I'll get a new case and possibly replace rhis aging OG screen protector when the new note 20 is released.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

No charger, no propb;em You have 5 or 6 of them I say good one on less waste.
Not hat I'll be gettiong te Not 20 anything anyway. 10+ works for me and I'll wait for them t6o switch th buttons and pens back to the corrrect side.

Also cameras along the top rather down one side would be good for aethetics and symatry.

Mainly though. After just dpending a grand on the 10+ I am not prepared to fork out on another phone for 3 years.
Except many of them don't support fast charging unless your existing is fairly new.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Except many of them don't support fast charging unless your existing is fairly new.

I have never used fast charging. I find an hour and a half (to an hour 45) plenty of time to charge my 10+ without the need for fast charging from 30-35%.
I'd rather preserve the overall lifetime of my battery than enable fast charging.\
same reason I use Wifi applications to transfer files rather than USB and don't use wireless charging. The constant change from charge/discharge is another way to lessen overall battery health.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I have never used fast charging. I find an hour and a half (to an hour 45) plenty of time to charge my 10+ without the need for fast charging from 30-35%.
I'd rather preserve the overall lifetime of my battery than enable fast charging.\
same reason I use Wifi applications to transfer files rather than USB and don't use wireless charging. The constant change from charge/discharge is another way to lessen overall battery health.
How long you keep your phones ?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Fast charging doesn't kill battery life unless you exceed the C rate of charge based on the battery size. This is controlled by the phones software. That's why most Samsung phones don't support the 45 watt accessory charger.
Wireless charging won't hurt your phone either unless it generates excessive heat that's gets transferred over to the battery. In which case something else is going on like using your phone to play music while it's charging.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

The actual colour isn't a deal breaker for me as I always lean towards Black.

The Samsung Note 20 variants would need to surpass what I have now on my Samsung Note10 + 5G for me to want to buy it.

Instead of buying from Samsung at launch maybe I'll wait to first ensure early adopters don't have issues with it and just maybe Samsung will throw in some form of freebie sometime after launch ;) Who knows.

Stay Safe.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

The actual colour isn't a deal breaker for me as I always lean towards Black.

The Samsung Note 20 variants would need to surpass what I have now on my Samsung Note10 + 5G for me to want to buy it.

Instead of buying from Samsung at launch maybe I'll wait to first ensure early adopters don't have issues with it and just maybe Samsung will throw in some form of freebie sometime after launch ;) Who knows.

Stay Safe.

This^^

There are now rumours that this years pricing is now either the same or slightly lower than the Note 10+ 5g from last year due to poor sales of the S20 family of phones.

It's rumour season!!!

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

No charger.
Guess that is extra
I can't believe it.

What are these phone companies thinking.
My issue with no charger is that if there is an issue with the phone usually they tell you to use the charger and cable that comes in the box. If there is none in the box will they invalidate your warranty for using a third party charger?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

My issue with no charger is that if there is an issue with the phone usually they tell you to use the charger and cable that comes in the box. If there is none in the box will they invalidate your warranty for using a third party charger?

Yea !

And when I trade the phone in.
I give them the charger, cord, headphones ??????, box and everything.

Now no charger in the box.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Elaborating on the Note 20 Ultra chipset, if it is correct that the Snapdragon 865+ will be used in the usual areas (USA, Canada, China etc) and Samsung are sticking with the Exynos 990 for the rest of the world, its going to be interesting how their sales go.

So the Snapdragon 865 is roughly 20% more powerful and efficient than the Exynos 990, the 865+ is rumoured to be another 10% better on top., so how are people in the rest of the world going to feel about purchasing a new device that is 30% less powerful and efficient for the same price as the Snapdragon varient.

Hmmmm

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

if they reuse the 990, then im sure it will be the smaller Note only and possibly a 4G only version of that.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

They keep sayng the release date is August 5th.

Who cares when the release date is.
want to walk into Best Buy and look at the phone to buy it.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

Elaborating on the Note 20 Ultra chipset, if it is correct that the Snapdragon 865+ will be used in the usual areas (USA, Canada, China etc) and Samsung are sticking with the Exynos 990 for the rest of the world, its going to be interesting how their sales go.

So the Snapdragon 865 is roughly 20% more powerful and efficient than the Exynos 990, the 865+ is rumoured to be another 10% better on top., so how are people in the rest of the world going to feel about purchasing a new device that is 30% less powerful and efficient for the same price as the Snapdragon varient.

Hmmmm
I wouldn't be paying full price. It is why i waited until my S10+ was worth it with the Exynos chip before I bought it. £700 OK but not £1250

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund