Galaxy Note 20 Series, via OnLeaks.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 20+, via OnLeaks.

Elaborating on the Note 20 Ultra chipset, if it is correct that the Snapdragon 865+ will be used in the usual areas (USA, Canada, China etc) and Samsung are sticking with the Exynos 990 for the rest of the world, its going to be interesting how their sales go.

So the Snapdragon 865 is roughly 20% more powerful and efficient than the Exynos 990, the 865+ is rumoured to be another 10% better on top., so how are people in the rest of the world going to feel about purchasing a new device that is 30% less powerful and efficient for the same price as the Snapdragon varient.

Hmmmm

They won’t be happy and many aren’t;

As somebody who would have to get the exynos version it might put me off completely from buying.

Certainly when the latest offerings from apple will have the A14 chip

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

They won’t be happy and many aren’t;

As somebody who would have to get the exynos version it might put me off completely from buying.

Certainly when the latest offerings from apple will have the A14 chip

Who wants a apple phone.

Don't care how fast it is..dont care if they sell apple phones for 1/2 price..
Don't like apples operating system.
Or I would go buy one

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

One of the first things that will happen once the Note 20 Ultra is released is that plenty Exynos performance tests will be done against both the new 865+ and the older 865 from both Samsung devices and from other manufacturers, Samsung can't risk that.... it will be a very upgraded Exynos or SD865+ in the Ultra version worldwide (maybe that leaves the Exynos 990 for the cheaper/smaller/Lite.. Note

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

My issue with no charger is that if there is an issue with the phone usually they tell you to use the charger and cable that comes in the box. If there is none in the box will they invalidate your warranty for using a third party charger?
But there will be a charger, so no worries.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site

One of the first things that will happen once the Note 20 Ultra is released is that plenty Exynos performance tests will be done against both the new 865+ and the older 865 from both Samsung devices and from other manufacturers, Samsung can't risk that.... it will be a very upgraded Exynos or SD865+ in the Ultra version worldwide (maybe that leaves the Exynos 990 for the cheaper/smaller/Lite.. Note

That’s not what’s been reported though

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Fast charging doesn't kill battery life unless you exceed the C rate of charge based on the battery size. This is controlled by the phones software. That's why most Samsung phones don't support the 45 watt accessory charger.
Wireless charging won't hurt your phone either unless it generates excessive heat that's gets transferred over to the battery. In which case something else is going on like using your phone to play music while it's charging.

If you are wireless charching you have to stop charging each time you want to use the phone contantly starting and stopping charging is known to slightly increase battery degredation.

Fast charging generates more heat which will have an affect on the lifespan albeit probably a pretty minimal one.

I often keep my phones for 3-4 years.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I got a Samsung flat fast charger.
Lay the phone on it evertime it gets to 70%
It charges up all the way .
Wife does the same thing with her note 9.
We haven't noticed any battery dropping in how long it last.
I had a S8+ I was doing the same thing with.
Sil has it.
Works great.
I hear so much about worrying about charging the battery to 100% and getting hot and hurting the battery.
I have never worried about it.
And never had a problem.
Samsung has never stated.
Nor has anybody selling the phones ssid dont charge it to 109%.
And don’t charge it on a fast charger cause it may get hot.
So I can't agree with you.
Did you build these phones.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I got a Samsung flat fast charger.
Lay the phone on it evertime it gets to 70%
It charges up all the way .
Wife does the same thing with her note 9.
We haven't noticed any battery dropping in how long it last.
I had a S8+ I was doing the same thing with.
Sil has it.
Works great.
I hear so much about worrying about charging the battery to 100% and getting hot and hurting the battery.
I have never worried about it.
And never had a problem.
Samsung has never stated.
Nor has anybody selling the phones ssid dont charge it to 109%.
And don’t charge it on a fast charger cause it may get hot.
So I can't agree with you.
Did you build these phones.

Agreed, never had no issues either and still getting awesome Battery life.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

If you are wireless charching you have to stop charging each time you want to use the phone contantly starting and stopping charging is known to slightly increase battery degredation.

Fast charging generates more heat which will have an affect on the lifespan albeit probably a pretty minimal one.

I often keep my phones for 3-4 years.

I don't use wireless charging that way and actually using a device while it's plugged is much worse than taking it off an on wireless charging.

Fast charging on a modern device should not be detrimental but there are brands out there push the limits which I avoid.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

And they demand the accessories?

I order a speigen tough armor case for me.
They are super expensive.
Like 15.96 on the internet.
My wife likes the speigen case that hold money and a credit card.
Trade in on phones at Best But is usually around 300.00 if in perfect shape.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I order a speigen tough armor case for me.
They are super expensive.
Like 15.96 on the internet.
My wife likes the speigen case that hold money and a credit card.
Trade in on phones at Best But is usually around 300.00 if in perfect shape.
I don't think they require accessories on trade

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I don't think they require accessories on trade

Yup can confirm, your correct all they want is the phone as trade in , I've done trade in Since S7 Edge, you can keep all the accessories, my drawer is full of accessories from lots of my old phones trade in.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Yup can confirm, your correct all they want is the phone as trade in , I've done trade in Since S7 Edge, you can keep all the accessories, my drawer is full of accessories from lots of my old phones trade in.
The person I quoted is going through Best Buy so I'm not sure, but I can't imagine they need the accessories to complete the transaction.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae