Galaxy Note 20 Series, via OnLeaks.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 20+, via OnLeaks.

Skipped the S20 ultra and so happy I did. Can’t wait for the King to arrive sooner ! Anything but the boring old black color.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

I hear supposed to be little less expensive the Note 20 series.
Some interesting news coming out, so as we all know, some markets get the Snapdragon 865+ and some the Exynos 990 which really is a big gap in performance. Even South Korea look like getting the snapdragon!
So it's very kind of Samsung to offer the Exynos version to Europe/ India regions in the LTE format at a cheaper cost as 5g is not really working 100% right now, but they are making it look like it's cheaper because of the bad performing Exynos chip.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Some interesting news coming out, so as we all know, some markets get the Snapdragon 865+ and some the Exynos 990 which really is a big gap in performance. Even South Korea look like getting the snapdragon!
So it's very kind of Samsung to offer the Exynos version to Europe/ India regions in the LTE format at a cheaper cost as 5g is not really working 100% right now, but they are making it look like it's cheaper because of the bad performing Exynos chip.
I feel for you guys with the Exynos chips :(

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

I feel for you guys with the Exynos chips :(

I wouldn't mind so much as I don't game on my phones but of course battery life is a big thing and this is one area that the Snapdragon shines, also reports suggest the snapdragon version has better camera performance.

This really does grate on me as the phone is crazy expensive and I have been a loyal Samsung user since the S2/Note 2 days. With that said, my P40 Pro came off charge on Friday morning and still had 46%battery life on Sunday afternoon and that camera is awesome!
I shall definitely be looking at developments as the launch comes closer for new info on the Note 20 but I feel that there may be little left in the way of surprises.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I wouldn't mind so much as I don't game on my phones but of course battery life is a big thing and this is one area that the Snapdragon shines, also reports suggest the snapdragon version has better camera performance.

This really does grate on me as the phone is crazy expensive and I have been a loyal Samsung user since the S2/Note 2 days. With that said, my P40 Pro came off charge on Friday morning and still had 46%battery life on Sunday afternoon and that camera is awesome!
I shall definitely be looking at developments as the launch comes closer for new info on the Note 20 but I feel that there may be little left in the way of surprises.
I have been on pretty much every Samsung SERIES and Note , I envy you guys with the Exynos for long time . I was happy when the s6 came with Exynos chip and then disappeared after :(
But I stuck through it , thats all we can do , I know their chips will get better or match SD soon , but j also like Exynos has dual sim .

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Rumours circulating now that the SD 865 will be used in the S20 FE (Fan Edition)
They couldn't possibly plan to do that for a Lite/Fan Edition and then use Exynos 990 in a flagship.

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site

why doesnt Samsung jus put Snapdragon chips in all of their phones, why even have a second option available?? is it that SD chips just cannot work all over the globe? bcuz until they either change out the Exynos completely or massively upgrade it, people will always complain about it.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

This is genuinely making me have a pause about buying the top tier note automatically for the first time in years.

If all the rumours materialise, and at this stage they usually do, the 990 will be significantly behind the 865+ . Whilst we will pay more for it. And it's marketed as the same.

It might be a case of buying to try this time to see how it is in real life.
Rumours circulating now that the SD 865 will be used in the S20 FE (Fan Edition)
They couldn't possibly plan to do that for a Lite/Fan Edition and then use Exynos 990 in a flagship.

Logan Inkd

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site

Good question
why doesnt Samsung jus put Snapdragon chips in all of their phones, why even have a second option available?? is it that SD chips just cannot work all over the globe? bcuz until they either change out the Exynos completely or massively upgrade it, people will always complain about it.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Seems to be a few rumours flying around that the Exynos 990 chip in the Note 20/Ultra has been more optimised than the S20 range, one report i just read mentioned it could be on par with the Snapdragon 865+.

I think the message may have got back to Samsung that people are far from happy about having this inferior chipset in the new flagship, and they've sent out a few rumours to make us happy ;)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Seems to be a few rumours flying around that the Exynos 990 chip in the Note 20/Ultra has been more optimised than the S20 range, one report i just read mentioned it could be on par with the Snapdragon 865+.

I think the message may have got back to Samsung that people are far from happy about having this inferior chipset in the new flagship, and they've sent out a few rumours to make us happy ;)

Hopefully this is true! That would be a welcome relief to many Samsung enthusiasts!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

We'll find out in 7 days!

News of he SD 865+ was non-existant from Qualcomm and then all of a sudden you see rumor of a + for the Note and then more rumors to back it up. So it's not impossible they've been hide this bit of news until now. It would be a fail I think if Europeans get the same Exynos and not an updated one.

I heard a rumor the Korean market was getting the SD865+ to not **** off their home market before I heard the Exynos rumor.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

It doesn't bother me so much that the Snapdragon is a faster chip, its the optimisation that the Exynos needs to get right. How long have Apple been the smoother, more efficient OS with inferior specs. It annoys me when I want to do some semi- intensive stuff on the phone and you can see the battery level plummet.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I really don't know how the Apple has inferior specs?? :confused:

I mean when they release their phones, they usually have the best Samsung panels at time of launch. They usually have the best cameras or near the top competing with Pixel every year. Their processors are at laptop class performance. Their batteries are usually praised for being near the best. IMO... their hardware build is almost second to none using materials like stainless steel frames.

It doesn't bother me so much that the Snapdragon is a faster chip, its the optimisation that the Exynos needs to get right. How long have Apple been the smoother, more efficient OS with inferior specs. It annoys me when I want to do some semi- intensive stuff on the phone and you can see the battery level plummet.