Flat screen on Note 20 Ultra?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't fit a 4500 mAh battery in a flat screened Note20 Ultra. Think about it. That bulging screen is domed roof fitted to these phones. Look at your Note, if you have one, and you'll see what I mean.
Just make screen flat and case a little thicker. People look at the overall thickness spec which includes the bulge so you really gain nothing except a fragile screen and edges you can't use the stylus on. Weight is more important to me. My Note 9 is a load.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just make screen flat and case a little thicker. People look at the overall thickness spec which includes the bulge so you really gain nothing except a fragile screen and edges you can't use the stylus on. Weight is more important to me. My Note 9 is a load.
Not going to happen

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I don't know what I would need 3 or 4 phones for, I don't make/take enough calls for just 1 anymore lol
Well it's always good to have at least a backup phone, all set up and ready to go in case something happened to the primary.

Those who have more than one backup is probably for emotional/hobby purposes. In most cases, a 3-4 year old phone is worth more keeping around than selling for practically nothing.

Or sometimes you want to have one you can use while your primary is charging up.

Or, you want different devices for completely different purposes. For example, I have my SIM card in my BlackBerry KEY2 which serves as a primary communicator thanks to the keyboard and notification LED, and my S10e is there for anything that involves actually enjoying content, because a 5.8" Samsung AMOLED is FAR greater than a 4.5" TCL LCD.

I came to the conclusion that the only way to have both worlds is to have two separate devices...at least until someone makes a decent slider.

Logan Inkd

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site
You Might as well wait for the lite version just saying.
The S20 Note is a fail. Trying to force people to get the big boy
I was thinking the same thing. Most reviews I have read spoke awful things about the "regular" note 20 and I am sure I will alright once I put it in a case and place glass cover on it

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. Most reviews I have read spoke awful things about the "regular" note 20 and I am sure I will alright once I put it in a case and place glass cover on it
They're probably bashing it for having a plastic back instead of glass, which I'd actually very much praise it for.

Finally someone is realizing that glass backs are a terrible choice in terms of durability, apart from adding unnecessary weight. And glass is not the only material that allows for QI charging.

However since plastic bends more easily, they should seal the phone with even more care to ensure the same IP68 water/dust resistance.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I really wish they'd stop putting the curved screen on the flagship models. I hate it, really HATE, and everyone I know hates those curved screens. Who are these customers that keep demanding the curved screens?

I had my S10+ out of it's case recently and I had so many false swipes and touches being registered that it was the primary reason I go the case back on.

We just get them as there isn't much of a choice otherwise.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Yeah i still have my Note9, but to be honest i have forgotten the notification led been on my Note10 Plus so long , so don't miss it anymore.
Samsung's stock implementation of the LED wasn't too great. It took forever between blinks and didn't make use of all the colors.

Enter Light Flow Legacy, the best LED customization app I've tried.

You can select the blink delay, color per each individual app etc

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Samsung's stock implementation of the LED wasn't too great. It took forever between blinks and didn't make use of all the colors.

Enter Light Flow Legacy, the best LED customization app I've tried.

You can select the blink delay, color per each individual app etc

Yeah i know all , that used for my Note9 when i use to use the phone and i know there's apps to make camera hole be notifications for the Note10 Plus, i just didn't use it so i am use to not having led anymore.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
If it was up to me the Note would go back to a 16:9 display with a flat screen. I like the taller aspect for most things, but the combination of a narrow screen with curved edges killed the usefulness of the S Pen for me.

I used to doodle and draw on my phone a lot, don't bother with it on the Note 8 or 9, I'll pick up my ancient Note 3 to doodle on as it offers a better experience.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
If it was up to me the Note would go back to a 16:9 display with a flat screen. I like the taller aspect for most things, but the combination of a narrow screen with curved edges killed the usefulness of the S Pen for me.

I used to doodle and draw on my phone a lot, don't bother with it on the Note 8 or 9, I'll pick up my ancient Note 3 to doodle on as it offers a better experience.

I wish it were up to you. The newer Notes are too skinny in the 'waist'. I skipped the Note 5 and when the ill-fated Note7 arrived I didn't recognize it as something akin to my Note 4 and Note Edge.

Logan Inkd

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site
They're probably bashing it for having a plastic back instead of glass, which I'd actually very much praise it for.

Finally someone is realizing that glass backs are a terrible choice in terms of durability, apart from adding unnecessary weight. And glass is not the only material that allows for QI charging.

However since plastic bends more easily, they should seal the phone with even more care to ensure the same IP68 water/dust resistance.
Thank you!!!!!!!

Logan Inkd

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site

What will you be getting?

wenso smith

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
There's still no credible information on whether the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will have a curved screen or a flat screen The Galaxy Note 20 is expected to feature a 6.7-inch screen, but it might not feature a refresh rate of 120Hz.