Note 20/Note 20 Ultra accessories discussion.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Crimson Monarch is one of my favorite truly protective cases without maximum bulk. The red isn't very subtle but that's why I like it.

yes,true to that.i used to like the carbon version but wanted to try a new color and it turns out better for me.

and about bulk...very true...the Monarch width is 8.1cm whereas the Defender is 9.3cm and UB Pro is 9.1/9.2cm...

Pynk_moscato_18

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
I know most people (including me, which I used on a charger and a couple of UV sanitizers) got the $150 credit when they did pre-orders but for anyone who was on the fence about the new watch, there is a pretty good discount with a galaxy watch trade in. I ended up paying about $157 after a first responders additional discount. I'm not sure how long this promo will be going, just happened to see it last night. This is through samsung directly.
d9302ffb3716db6622feef3b0b274e88.jpg

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I know most people (including me, which I used on a charger and a couple of UV sanitizers) got the $150 credit when they did pre-orders but for anyone who was on the fence about the new watch, there is a pretty good discount with a galaxy watch trade in. I ended up paying about $157 after a first responders additional discount. I'm not sure how long this promo will be going, just happened to see it last night. This is through samsung directly.
d9302ffb3716db6622feef3b0b274e88.jpg

I paid $200 for my OG GW brand new through Samsung. I was on the fence before, but I think this is Samsung way of saying do it. They're basically giving me my money back for the GW. Only to give it back to them for the GW3. Lmao

Pynk_moscato_18

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
I paid $200 for my OG GW brand new through Samsung. I was on the fence before, but I think this is Samsung way of saying do it. They're basically giving me my money back for the GW. Only to give it back to them for the GW3. Lmao
Same here lol. I was definitely on the fence for a while but it recently got approved for the ECG recording so it's worth the upgrade now, in my opinion.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Generic MagPul case for the Note 20 Ultra.
I purchased these generic MagPul cases for past phones and they were pretty decent. This one for the N20U just feels cheap and offers almost no front glass protection.
Not bad but I don't recommend it. Here are a couple of low quality pics:

mp01.jpgmp02.jpgmp03.jpgmp04.jpgmp05.jpg

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Just got the PUNKCAse silicone battery case and having red Xtra power makes gaming or watching Netflix on the go effortless. No stress that yiur N20U will die.

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pics of my Latercase Kevlar Ultimate camera module protector

Case on... I likey. But obviously... not slam boy certified and no real drop protection IMO compared to a thicker case. But I’m not looking for drop protection more than I can lay it on its back and the camera is protected.

And it’s super thin. Man!! To hold this phone in hand with the Latercase... I thought the Spigen was a thin fit... It feels super thin now! Barely thicker than stock. And not slippery. Liking how the silver bezels show through the Kevlar cutouts. And... did I mention I’m liking the Kevlar. ;)

I just received this case and note that the mic on the camera bump is covered by the case. I can't tell if it is actually affecting performance?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I just received this case and note that the mic on the camera bump is covered by the case. I can't tell if it is actually affecting performance?

Below is an email response I got from Latercase when I inquired about it myself waiting for my case. I was ok with the answer...

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delayed response. As a clarifying point, it's definitely worth noting that the microphone we're discussing right now has very little utility in the day-to-day operations of your Note 20 Ultra. It is neither the primary nor the ambient noise-canceling microphone.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The primary "voice call" microphone is, as you'd expect, on the bottom of the Note 20 Ultra and is left entirely uncovered. The ambient noise-canceling microphone (i.e. the one which improves voice quality for the listener on the other end) is located at the top of the Note 20 Ultra. Again, this microphone is entirely uncovered.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The microphone slit we're discussing now, the one located on the side of the camera housing of the Note 20 Ultra, has only one purpose: it's a "Zoom-In Mic". As you zoom in during video recordings, this microphone amplifies the sounds of the subject you're zooming in on. For more information on the Zoom-In Mic, you can visit [/FONT]this Samsung article[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]During the development process of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Cyber Edition case, our focus group agreed unanimously: the benefits of an uninterrupted, design-focused, protective camera housing far outweighed the functional need for a rarely-used zoom-in microphone.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As a result of this consensus among our focus group testing, we elected not to proceed with a cutout for the zoom-in microphone. We hope that this information has helped provide a small window into the detail-oriented nature of our product development process.[/FONT]

cyberstockholm

Oct 18, 2020
Visit site
I want my phone case to be unique so I always make custom cases, I usually like clear silicone case, it looks nice and also quite protective. My current case is a clear custom case from Case-Custom.

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Just received the same message. Probably right about the utility of the mic unless you zoom in regularly.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Just received the same message. Probably right about the utility of the mic unless you zoom in regularly.

I don't use the video much but I just happen to have shot a short video when I was at the mall the other day and the audio was loud and clear on playback so works for me.

I probably won't zoom in much except for like example outdoor pics zooming in on the far away objects like skyscrapers or mountains, etc., so won't care about zooming mic. I'll have to see if I am in some crowded event situation where I wanna try to zoom in on a group and their conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463