camera glass protection

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
They cutout for the flash and laser but not the lenses??

Yeah.. I think the glass has a greater chance of interfering with the flash and laser, and not so much the lens (I mean, lenses are glass and it's like those lens add ons that clip onto your phones) - but that said, I will have to see if the glass itself is not crap quality that would interfere with the the image itself. If it does, then it'll have to come off.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone tried to use flash with installed camera protector? Mine produces blueish images with flash.

I just tried it, and yeah, there is a bluish haze in the top left corner of the picture. I guess I'll be looking for a replacement ASAP. I also have skins coming with one for the camera glass as well.

Kind of a bummer about this camera glass. I liked the screen protectors, so I thought I'd give the camera glass a shot.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Nice install. You got yours nice and straight unlike yours truly. I have enty of spares though.

I used the guide strips to hold the glass while I tried to place it down and concentrated mostly on the flash and laser. Still, let's see how it lasts.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I am giving these a try but not sure I'll keep it. It depends on whether it interferes with the camera. I got one with holes for the flash and laser focus to avoid any flare and problems but I'm weary about dust getting in there. So far it doesn't seem to degrade picture quality..
7f0ad48aad7603023de625fc0e2acb5e.jpg

You have a link to these? Or the name of the company. I need to replace my WSD ones now. They're not good for flash pictures.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I was getting flares with mine on so I took it off, but I'm nervous about the glass so I may order another one.

Even with the cutout on the flash and laser, you still had a blue haze? Like as if you were taking a picture in a smokey room?

This is what I got with the WSD camera protector. Compared to my N10+, that has no lense cover...

Attachments

• 16379.jpg
    16379.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 57

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Even with the cutout on the flash and laser, you still had a blue haze? Like as if you were taking a picture in a smokey room?

This is what I got with the WSD camera protector. Compared to my N10+, that has no lense cover...

That’s why I asked above... they made cutouts for the flash and laser but not the lenses??

If you see the reason why they made cutouts for those two to not cause performance issues with light waves being refracted through the protector going out, it’s not hard to understand why the performance with the protector covering the lenses. Adding an extra layer of glass for light to have to get through, it could be youre going to get light rays refracting causing issues.

Isn’t Samsung’s own protector for the S20U have the cutouts for the lenses? As well as the rest of the cover being blacked out?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That’s why I asked above... they made cutouts for the flash and laser but not the lenses??

If you see the reason why they made cutouts for those two to not cause performance issues with light waves being refracted through the protector going out, it’s not hard to understand why the performance with the protector covering the lenses. Adding an extra layer of glass for light to have to get through, it could be youre going to get light rays refracting causing issues.

Isn’t Samsung’s own protector for the S20U have the cutouts for the lenses? As well as the rest of the cover being blacked out?

Agreed, there should nothing over that camera lens that's not specifically designed to be there with the exception of add on lenses.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, there should nothing over that camera lens that's not specifically designed to be there with the exception of add on lenses.

Now that you say that, I think I'll just put the camera lens protectors I ordered straight in the drawer..... I'll try one first maybe but it does make sense to leave it alone

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I think I found another one for $1 less. Did you test camera samples with the flash, to see if you still get the flare/haze?

I took a few photos but I haven't compared it to my Note 10+. It didn't seem to be any flaring - but I'll have to double check. I use the flash to infrequently that I am not sure I actually know how it's supposed to look with the flash. LOL! For sure, I would rather have a protector that has the cut outs for the cameras too but i have not found any.

The only thing I've seen that is like that is the dbrand skin for the camera, but that is a skin, and not a protector. Perhaps, though, that is good enough because I just don't want scratches! So - I might look into that as well when it is released.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie