09-23-2020 11:32 PM
224 ... 789
tools
    Here is the camera with the caseology screen protector on it. I have the Mystic Black Note20 Ultra, so the black glass is fine, but I'm also using a skin. So, I'll skin the glass too.
    Damn, that's CLEAN !
    Serkle K and EMGSM like this.
    09-10-2020 08:13 PM
    Damn, that's CLEAN !
    Thank you!
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-10-2020 08:27 PM
    You could try to find a silver skin to put over it. Im using a skin over the camera glass. You wouldn't even know the protector is there.
    You just did this? Wow, the camera skin fit so perfectly on the caseology protector? Looks very clean.
    09-10-2020 09:45 PM
    You just did this? Wow, the camera skin fit so perfectly on the caseology protector? Looks very clean.
    Yeah, I did it just before I posted/commented in here. thank you! I am very please with SopiGuard skins, because it has a very clean fit and finish, so the overall look is almost OEM like. Sometimes I wish the skins also had the Samsung logo on it so it looks like the regular back.
    09-10-2020 09:49 PM
    Here is the camera with the caseology screen protector on it. I have the Mystic Black Note20 Ultra, so the black glass is fine, but I'm also using a skin. So, I'll skin the glass too.
    That green skin looks real nice.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-10-2020 09:51 PM
    You could try to find a silver skin to put over it. Im using a skin over the camera glass. You wouldn't even know the protector is there.
    This looks awesome. Where is the skin from?
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-10-2020 09:53 PM
    That difference is really embarrassing for the WSD company, I would send them the comparison pictures to encourage them to improve their quality.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-10-2020 10:11 PM
    That difference is really embarrassing for the WSD company, I would send them the comparison pictures to encourage them to improve their quality.
    If they monitor their Amazon reviews, they'll see I already posted a picture comparison in my review.
    j_hansen likes this.
    09-10-2020 10:27 PM
    This looks awesome. Where is the skin from?
    Thank you! I got it from SopiGuard.com
    Feel free to check out my other thread about my experience with their skins.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ard-skins.html
    EMGSM likes this.
    09-10-2020 10:29 PM
    Thank you! I got it from SopiGuard.com
    Feel free to check out my other thread about my experience with their skins.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ard-skins.html
    Thank you.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-10-2020 11:19 PM
    The lens should always have a filter attached, either clear or something like 'Sky light' or 'Ultra Violet', to protect the lens from dirt and most importantly Scratches! A small scratch on the lens will show up, especially when the image is blown up. Just a small scratch could make an expensive lens
    KupKrazy likes this.
    09-11-2020 08:46 AM
    The lens should always have a filter attached, either clear or something like 'Sky light' or 'Ultra Violet', to protect the lens from dirt and most importantly Scratches! A small scratch on the lens will show up, especially when the image is blown up. Just a small scratch could make an expensive lens
    That's actually what I learned many years ago in photography class for my SLR (DSLRs were not a thing - lol) so I always had a filter on my lens. Hmm, I never thought about it in the case of cell phone cameras, though. I think my fear is whether or not these protectors were well made enough with photography in mind vs. actual lens filters like from Tiffen, etc. But glad you put it into that perspective - I never connected it together.
    09-11-2020 10:11 AM
    That's actually what I learned many years ago in photography class for my SLR (DSLRs were not a thing - lol) so I always had a filter on my lens. Hmm, I never thought about it in the case of cell phone cameras, though. I think my fear is whether or not these protectors were well made enough with photography in mind vs. actual lens filters like from Tiffen, etc. But glad you put it into that perspective - I never connected it together.
    But then I would wonder, if traditional camera lenses are made from the same grade glass as gorilla glass 6, at least in the case of the N20U?
    09-11-2020 10:37 AM
    But then I would wonder, if traditional camera lenses are made from the same grade glass as gorilla glass 6, at least in the case of the N20U?
    No, they wouldn't be - but camera lenses aren't exposed to the typical elements of a cell phone camera lens on a constant basis so the need for such wouldn't be as great. They are typically covered with a lens cap when not in use.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    09-11-2020 10:16 PM
    I ordered this
    These Crack too easily
    09-13-2020 12:26 AM
    Except that the outside glass is not a lens it's a glass cover.
    j_hansen and Serkle K like this.
    09-13-2020 01:00 AM
    I got some ESR ones on my Note
    Attached Thumbnails camera glass protection-415.jpg  
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    09-15-2020 03:03 PM
    I got some ESR ones on my Note
    That's what I'm using. I haven't experienced any problems with distortion from the flash. At least not yet.
    09-15-2020 07:40 PM
    Except that the outside glass is not a lens it's a glass cover.
    That's essentially what a lens is, though - just non concave nor convex. Since it's non removable, it's basically a permanent clear filter and for all intents and purposes - part of the lens assembly.
    09-15-2020 09:21 PM
    That's what I'm using. I haven't experienced any problems with distortion from the flash. At least not yet.
    Yeah me neither, they were very cheap too.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    09-15-2020 10:21 PM
    That's essentially what a lens is, though - just non concave nor convex. Since it's non removable, it's basically a permanent clear filter and for all intents and purposes - part of the lens assembly.
    Right, but to the point of the post I was responding to I wouldn't put another layer of glass over a clear piece of glass that's already covering the lens.
    09-15-2020 10:30 PM
    Picture with WSD.
    Attachment 326184

Will later pull off the WSD ones and try the Caseology.

I'm guessing the WSD lens cover has adheive on the entire piece of glass??

And I am guessing the Caseology only has adhesive on the blacked out area??

Looking at the Spigen lens protector, they mention they only put adhesive on the blacked area and not the entire area because the "others" that do cause blemishes or effects photo quality?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU6863073

Waiting on my Lattercase. But also thinking of trying a Spigen lens protector. The idea of no adhesive over the lenses make sense. Too bad the rest is blacked out... probably to reduce flash but covers up a nice looking silver camera module on my Mystic White phone.
    09-21-2020 09:20 PM
    I'm guessing the WSD lens cover has adheive on the entire piece of glass??

And I am guessing the Caseology only has adhesive on the blacked out area??

Looking at the Spigen lens protector, they mention they only put adhesive on the blacked area and not the entire area because the "others" that do cause blemishes or effects photo quality?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU6863102

Waiting on my Lattercase. But also thinking of trying a Spigen lens protector. The idea of no adhesive over the lenses make sense. Too bad the rest is blacked out... probably to reduce flash but covers up a nice looking silver camera module on my Mystic White phone.
    I wouldn't put any protector on that puts glass over the camera lens regardless of where they put the adhesive. Even you don't notice it, adding additional glass is bound to have an effect on image quality in one form or another at some point.
    09-21-2020 11:37 PM
    The dbrand camera module skin seems to be good for me.

Love the Black Dragon option.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-23-2020 11:32 PM
224 ... 789