Was ready to shell out for Note 20 Ultra but due to the exynos chipset I am having serious doubts....

Anyone else?

I wonder if people not buying it here in the UK will send a message.
    And I wonder if ordering internationally will be worth it.
    08-07-2020 04:19 AM
    I have pre ordered the white Ultra 256gb and as far as I can see quite a few others from Europe region have also. The Exynos version is basically the rest of the world apart from the US, Canada, China S Korea and some others.

There are plenty of threads on why not to buy the Exynos version but only you can ultimately decide if you think its worth it.
    Next year the Exynos version together with AMD might kick @ss and the Snapdragon may not be as good, who knows.

Until Samsung use the same chipset in the same released phone throughout the world then this issue will always exist.
    j_hansen likes this.
    08-07-2020 04:40 AM
    As I have said on other threads - What else would I buy ?

Yes its infuriating knowing there is a better chipset out there whilst they are marketed and sold as equals. But whatever one you have, the note is a beast. It will be the most complete device available. As it always is.

Until they stick the SPen into the fold. But that's another discussion .

Im in Scotland. 256Gb N20U in mystic meg white with the beans en route to replace my rainbow skittles N10+5G.

Again, what else comes close?
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-07-2020 04:56 AM
    Was ready to shell out for Note 20 Ultra but due to the exynos chipset I am having serious doubts....

Anyone else?

I wonder if people not buying it here in the UK will send a message.
    And I wonder if ordering internationally will be worth it.
    I pre ordered here in UK...256GB for £1,179 i think is pretty decent given my 11 pro max cost £120 more.

LTPO display should help for the battery life i would hope. The hardware on this is just too good to pass up

£35 a month on the annual upgrade program is quite reasonable to me

Samsung given us 256GB of storage built in i think is their way of saying here you go from not having snapdragon chip
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-07-2020 05:03 AM
    Totally agree.
    A little suprised it's only £80 or so more than my N10+5G.

Re the update program- a little cheeky that the final payment is £235 this time to keep the appearance of lower payments. But it is what it is.
    I pre ordered here in UK...256GB for £1,179 i think is pretty decent given my 11 pro max cost £120 more.

LTPO display should help for the battery life i would hope. The hardware on this is just too good to pass up

£35 a month on the annual upgrade program is quite reasonable to me

Samsung given us 256GB of storage built in i think is their way of saying here you go from not having snapdragon chip
    08-07-2020 05:15 AM
    Totally agree.

Re the update program- a little cheeky that the final payment is £235 this time to keep the appearance of lower payments. But it is what it is.
    I dunno how it works though when i want to trade it in every 12 months? Do i have to pay that to upgrade?
    08-07-2020 05:16 AM
    Totally agree.

Yeah i noticed that, makes the monthly repayments look cheaper but a 20% hit on the last payment, but you know you'll never get that far anyway lol
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-07-2020 05:55 AM
    I dunno how it works though when i want to trade it in every 12 months? Do i have to pay that to upgrade?
    No, you will initially pay 10% which you should have already paid, around £117 then pay monthly until this time next year when you'll have the option to upgrade to the new Galaxy Note or stick with the Note 20 Ultra and pay it off, your choice.

Have a look in your Klarna description, I think there are other options as you get closer to the end of the contract, can't remember off hand now.
    Notefan161 likes this.
    08-07-2020 05:59 AM
    No, you will initially pay 10% which you should have already paid, around £117 then pay monthly until this time next year when you'll have the option to upgrade to the new Galaxy Note or stick with the Note 20 Ultra and pay it off, your choice.

Have a look in your Klarna description, I think there are other options as you get closer to the end of the contract, can't remember off hand now.
    Cheers, yeah I paid £117 already bit I get I will get emails closer to the date next year about upgrading and I bet they will want me to upgrade lol
    08-07-2020 06:23 AM
    Cheers, yeah I paid £117 already bit I get I will get emails closer to the date next year about upgrading and I bet they will want me to upgrade lol
    Yeah you'll get an email pretty much on unpacked day
    Notefan161 likes this.
    08-07-2020 07:09 AM
    I've tried to suss out this upgrade programme am I right in saying if you upgrade after 12 months to the new device and send back your old device and its in excellent condition etc Samsung will credit the remaining balance of the old contract? that's the maximum they can credit?
    08-07-2020 07:58 AM
    I've tried to suss out this upgrade programme am I right in saying if you upgrade after 12 months to the new device and send back your old device and its in excellent condition etc Samsung will credit the remaining balance of the old contract? that's the maximum they can credit?
    Yep thats correct, your existing contract is paid up by samsung after they have received your previous phone and inspected it, which is done by an independent company, not Samsung.
    08-07-2020 08:35 AM
    Yep thats correct, your existing contract is paid up by samsung after they have received your previous phone and inspected it, which is done by an independent company, not Samsung.
    Thanks and have you ever had any issues with then not paying off the contract, I keep my phone's mint to be honest so don't see any reason for any issues
    08-07-2020 09:28 AM
    No issues apart from one year I received my new device and it took them around 4 weeks to collect my trade in, you usually receive the return bag a few days after you get the new device but that year took ages.
    Until they receive your old device you are still in you old contract, as soon as its received and checked, they inform Samsung then Samsung pay the outstanding balance.
    I haven't had any issue with them not giving me the full amount.
    bigsmoke79 likes this.
    08-07-2020 10:52 AM
    Thanks for that, seems decent enough I always look after my devices and keep them mint, so for the bigger 512gb it be £127 upfront and £39 a month for 12 months that's £595 plus I could sell the free buds so even less again, then upgrade and get the rest paid off in 12 months that seems alittle too good to be true?

Means Samsung are effectively giving you nearly £700 for your handset in 12 months, be lucky to get that 2nd hand and you get to keep charger, box, etc

If I have any of the wrong let me know haha
    08-07-2020 11:22 AM
    UK here....I have a 20 Ultra. .... I won't be getting the Note 20 Ultra for this reason.
    There's about a 20% difference in battery life with the Snapdragon and Exynos.
    Just make all equal!
    08-07-2020 11:48 AM
    UK here....I have a 20 Ultra. .... I won't be getting the Note 20 Ultra for this reason.
    There's about a 20% difference in battery life with the Snapdragon and Exynos.
    Just make all equal!
    Yeah I agree it's getting abit ridiculous that Europe are being shafted by a older processer and the other places are getting a improved Snapdragon one.

Always wondered outside of warranties etc is there any problems with importing a Snapdragon one? any issues with Samsung pay etc?
    08-07-2020 11:56 AM
    There maybe an issue with warranty and also there maybe an issue with region lock. I'm not 100% sure how the region lock works, it may be that if its purchased but not turned on until it gets into the UK it may be fine.
    Can't say about samsung pay as my bank don't support it, I use Google pay.
    08-07-2020 01:12 PM
    I'm in England and I've gone for the Note 20 Ultra in Black 256GB, nothing would have stopped me getting my hands on this beast.
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-08-2020 01:54 AM
    I've lived with the Exynos in the Note 10 plus 5G for the last year trouble free so I'm guessing I'll be OK with the 990 as well
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    08-08-2020 11:10 AM
    There maybe an issue with warranty and also there maybe an issue with region lock. I'm not 100% sure how the region lock works, it may be that if its purchased but not turned on until it gets into the UK it may be fine.
    Can't say about samsung pay as my bank don't support it, I use Google pay.

"All current Samsung phones come with an active regional lock when first bought. Assuming it's not also locked to a specific network, using a SIM from the same regional origin as the phone for at least 5 minutes of total talktime will disable the regional lock and allow you to use a SIM from any other region from then on."
    08-08-2020 11:40 AM
    I've lived with the Exynos in the Note 10 plus 5G for the last year trouble free so I'm guessing I'll be OK with the 990 as well
    The sticking point is so many people have experienced issues with this particular chipset in their Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra that it's hindering people pulling the trigger.
    08-08-2020 11:43 AM
    The sticking point is so many people have experienced issues with this particular chipset in their Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra that it's hindering people pulling the trigger.
    Just a snippet that I came a cross earlier, as we all know the Note 20 ultra, just like the S20 ultra, cannot run at 120hz using WQHD setting, but the new Tab S7+ can so I believe, so this would mean that the Snapdragon 865+ could!
    According to this guy the Snapdragon 865+ varient will have been disabled from doing this because the Exynos 990 isn't up to the task!
    Of course nothing is solid fact but it makes you think....

08-09-2020 03:30 PM
    Perhaps. Although I have read that the 990/Mali is capable.

Those with 865 doing it ( OP8 / OPPO X2P) both have panel issues. Whether that's due to the dual lane allowing for 120hz @qhd is above my knowledge though.
    Just a snippet that I came a cross earlier, as we all know the Note 20 ultra, just like the S20 ultra, cannot run at 120hz using WQHD setting, but the new Tab S7+ can so I believe, so this would mean that the Snapdragon 865+ could!
    According to this guy the Snapdragon 865+ varient will have been disabled from doing this because the Exynos 990 isn't up to the task!
    Of course nothing is solid fact but it makes you think....

08-09-2020 04:34 PM