T-Mobile Pre-order Thread.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Just pre-ordered the Note 20 Ultra, 512 GB in Mystic Black. I used T-Mobile Jump On Demand to upgrade from my S20+. At $700 down, I'm probably just going to pay off my phone and start trading in directly.

Anyone else pre-order from T-Mobile? I know there's a general pre-order thread but at over 600 messages, I figured I'd start a T-Mobile specific one to find out what the rest of you guys are doing.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried, but with only one payment leftt on my Note 9. The app said I'd only get $158 for trade in, minus any additional payments on my phone. I tried to call, but after 15 minutes on hold, I gave up. I just paid off my phone to see if I want to go another route.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Was going that route but decide to buy unlocked outright from Samsung. Better trade in value for my Note 8 also. T-Mobile offered $73 for my mint Note 8. Samsung offered $200. No brainer.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You would definitely do better that way as Samsung trade-in promos are the most competitive especially with you trading in a phone that's considered current.
Just pre-ordered the Note 20 Ultra, 512 GB in Mystic Black. I used T-Mobile Jump On Demand to upgrade from my S20+. At $700 down, I'm probably just going to pay off my phone and start trading in directly.

Anyone else pre-order from T-Mobile? I know there's a general pre-order thread but at over 600 messages, I figured I'd start a T-Mobile specific one to find out what the rest of you guys are doing.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile would've given you 300 although that would be spread out of 24 months. Love that Samsung provides instant credit.

Was going that route but decide to buy unlocked outright from Samsung. Better trade in value for my Note 8 also. T-Mobile offered $73 for my mint Note 8. Samsung offered $200. No brainer.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile would've given you 300 although that would be spread out of 24 months. Love that Samsung provides instant credit.

How did you get $300 on an 8? My mint 9 only got $158, which I didn't take.
Did you call? Tweet? Facebook?

Samsung only has gray or black left. I really like the bronze or white.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

T-Mobile has a pre order promo going. The give you $300 for a note 8, and you can still get the $150 from Samsung. They'll give me $500 for my pixel 4 vs $400 from Samsung.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm finding that trade-ins to Samsung vs. T-Mobile are kind of a toss up. @debdroid1a found a better deal through Samsung on the Note 8. But when I tried to buy the Galaxy Watch 3, Samsung offered me $100 for my pristine condition Galaxy Watch. I can get $160 from T-Mobile (but now I have to wait until the 21st because they aren't doing early sales like Samsung).

I'm finding in general though that for newer phones Samsung trade ins are the way to go.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding that trade-ins to Samsung vs. T-Mobile are kind of a toss up. @debdroid1a found a better deal through Samsung on the Note 8. But when I tried to buy the Galaxy Watch 3, Samsung offered me $100 for my pristine condition Galaxy Watch. I can get $160 from T-Mobile (but now I have to wait until the 21st because they aren't doing early sales like Samsung).

I'm finding in general though that for newer phones Samsung trade ins are the way to go.
How were you able offer your galaxy watch AND your phone. Samsung only let me trade in my note10 plus and nothing else.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

If you buy through TMobile, you can probably get the $150 promo code from Samsung, then use that song with your Galaxy watch trade in to get $250 off.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile has a pre order promo going. The give you $300 for a note 8, and you can still get the $150 from Samsung. They'll give me $500 for my pixel 4 vs $400 from Samsung.

That is the "promo", but what was your actual return? Can you post a screenshot?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
How were you able offer your galaxy watch AND your phone. Samsung only let me trade in my note10 plus and nothing else.

Not sure what he did, but you can do separate transactions. 1. Trade in phone to buy Note and get credit. 2. Buy the watch and trade in your old watch AND use credit from Note purchase.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It's a pre-order promo they have going on. They give you an instant amount and then the rest are bill credits. In your case it would've been 500 for the note 9. Details are on their website.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes Samsung watch trade-ins are a joke for those of us that have the cellular versions. My frontier still trades in for 162 although Samsung only wants to give 100. When I thought about trading it in last year T-Mobile was giving 180. Solid value for an almost 4 year old watch.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The pre-order threads used to be by carrier, but it just doesn't seem there's as much demand this time around. Especially on T-Mobile, where Jump On Demand prices have become rather asinine.

I'm still kinda on the fence. I don't want to essentially be stuck with the phone for 2 years, but T-Mobile is forcing our hand with either a $550-$650 JOD down payment or $0 down EIP that you're stuck in for 2 years. I've been considering leaving them.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you don't have the protection plan? If so it would give you the ability to upgrade every 12 months or after 50% of balance is paid. Sadly T-Mobile is the only U.S carrier doing leases at least to my knowledge

Also there are a good amount of T-mobile users upgrading, but with Samsung being so awesome l aggressive with trade-in promos and the instant credit most are taking that route.

The pre-order threads used to be by carrier, but it just doesn't seem there's as much demand this time around. Especially on T-Mobile, where Jump On Demand prices have become rather asinine.

I'm still kinda on the fence. I don't want to essentially be stuck with the phone for 2 years, but T-Mobile is forcing our hand with either a $550-$650 JOD down payment or $0 down EIP that you're stuck in for 2 years. I've been considering leaving them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

You can try Samsung financing and get a carrier or unlocked version.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Agreed. Used to love that you could get a new JOD phone for almost 100 down. Now they want 550 bucks??!! No way. Thinking about paying mine off for 410 then financing through Samsung where you can still upgrade yearly. Just will costs me 410 for then 650 trade in value through Samsung.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It's a pre-order promo they have going on. They give you an instant amount and then the rest are bill credits. In your case it would've been 500 for the note 9. Details are on their website.

Got it. Thank you.
I think I was up too early on a Saturday morning for proper brain function.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing you don't have the protection plan? If so it would give you the ability to upgrade every 12 months or after 50% of balance is paid. Sadly T-Mobile is the only U.S carrier doing leases at least to my knowledge

Also there are a good amount of T-mobile users upgrading, but with Samsung being so awesome l aggressive with trade-in promos and the instant credit most are taking that route.

I do not have the protection plan. I honestly don't think it's right that you have to pay $18/month extra to get the regular Jump option when your phone is 50% paid off. If Protection 360 is simply an optional insurance plan for your phone, why would it be mandatory for something unrelated like Jump? IMO it's T-Mobile's way of charging interest.

That said, it might be the only T-Mobile option for avoiding the massive down payment and upgrading the phone after a year. You're paying an extra $216 (plus tax) over those 12 months just to have that option, though.

The Samsung deals are looking a bit sweeter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge