Note20 delivery--FedEx and Walgreens

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone doesn't know, you can have your incoming FedEx package held for you at a local FedEx or Walgreens store, if you're not going to be home at the time of delivery. The FedEx website says that part of their Covid response is to suspend signature requirements for "most shipments", but I don't know if that applies to expensive phones, and even if it does, you might not want the package left in a publicly accessible place if you're not home, so Walgreens could be a good alternative.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../walgreens-package-pickup.html&token=t4NTD85G
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/topic/promotion/fedex.jsp&token=IwK4p2_5
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dex.com/en-us/coronavirus.html&token=nLxQjPlZ

Last edited:

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had FedEx forward my Note Ten Plus to my local Walgreens last year. No problem at all. It was at the store as promised. I showed my ID, signed for it, and walked away. Seemless process.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I have built 3 desktop pcs during this pandemic. Aside from difficulty sourcing the right parts, delivery has been easier. I've had several items more expensive than the note 20 ultra 512 gb delivered by both fedex and ups that said signature required and neither have asked for a direct signature upon delivery.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Glad to hear that! (But they still might not deliver if you're not home, which could make the Walgreens alternative useful.)
True. I have been home. I'm also in NYC which also may make a difference, it's much harder and time consuming to ask for so many signatures and also we were the first hit by covid 19 so we have been practicing social distancing since March and delivery drivers are pretty used to it at this point.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I generally used to request hold for pick up at my local FedEx distribution center and pick up first thing in the morning. But this time I might wait for FedEx delivery since anyway working from home for the foreseeable future.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I generally used to request hold for pick up at my local FedEx distribution center and pick up first thing in the morning. But this time I might wait for FedEx delivery since anyway working from home for the foreseeable future.
I've done Walgreens the past two orders, but I'm working from home I'm good to go

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Depending on my actual delivery date, I will just have it held at the FedEx kinkos near my work or the Walgreens near my house. I won't make the same mistake I made with UPS this week.

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I had no idea that Walgreen accepted Fedex packages. It's always good to have more options. My local Fedex store is closer to home but the local Walgreens is closer to work. Decisions, decisions. : )

sunnydarediya

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I ordered note 20 Ultra + Buds Live and Watch 3 LTE. Cancel button not visible on phone and buds and their status is In process instead of order created!! Still there on Watch 3. Also the temp charge is removed. Order status changed from Order Created to Order Placed. I hope it ships by tomorrow..

Last edited:

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered note 20 Ultra + Buds Live and Watch 3 LTE. Cancel button not visible on phone and buds and their status is In process instead of order created!! Still there on Watch 3. Also the temp charge is removed. Order status changed from Order Created to Order Placed. I hope it ships by tomorrow..
I think you posted in the wrong thread.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info!! Didn't know there were delivery options.

Questions...

1. What is the current consensus of the ship date for the Note 20??

2. Where do they usually ship from so that I have an idea how many days it will take to arrive at my doorstep??

3. Can you go on FedEx site and choose for Walgreen delivery if it shows shipped status or do you have to decide before it shows shipped??

Aaah... more first world problems...

I saw in other posts people mention option to cancel orders gone on their site and estimated ship dates being shown now and people posting around the 19th. I haven't checked my order yet but as luck would have it if they do ship next week, I will be busy for a few days sending my daughter off to college to start her new life and drive a crap-ton of her stuff to her dorm. :) And the thought did cross my mind what if they happen to deliver my phone when we are away and sitting at the door for a day or two :eek:

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am at work, one of like 10 in a building that used to hold about 800 everyone else is working from home and it is nice to get out of the house and come in. So mine will be delivered to my work address. :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info!! Didn't know there were delivery options.

Questions...

1. What is the current consensus of the ship date for the Note 20??

2. Where do they usually ship from so that I have an idea how many days it will take to arrive at my doorstep??

3. Can you go on FedEx site and choose for Walgreen delivery if it shows shipped status or do you have to decide before it shows shipped??

Aaah... more first world problems...

I saw in other posts people mention option to cancel orders gone on their site and estimated ship dates being shown now and people posting around the 19th. I haven't checked my order yet but as luck would have it if they do ship next week, I will be busy for a few days sending my daughter off to college to start her new life and drive a crap-ton of her stuff to her dorm. :) And the thought did cross my mind what if they happen to deliver my phone when we are away and sitting at the door for a day or two :eek:
As soon as you get a tracking number check your options

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon