Is the Ultra hump a turn off?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
On first looking at the phone I found the camera module made the phone easier to hold as my finger rested up to it.

Now it's sat in a Samsung Leather cover it's not even noticeable.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
crappy software what the hell are you talking about my friend? it is running andriod and still the same system you see daily are you talking about the skin it uses. just install nova or the google skin if that really matters so much to you. there are so many upsides to HUAWEI phones

I'll second this, the P40 Pro is a pocket rocket and there would be only 2 things stopping me buying it, no S Pen and slow updates.
The camera is awesome, especially low light, battery life awesome and 40w charging speeds, the OS is smooth and its just a really nice experience. I'll be keeping my eye on the Mate 40 Pro when it gets revealed soon.

Oh, and I don't mind the hump either, in the Samsung Protective Standing Cover it is hidden pretty much, the silver on the camera (mystic white phone) blends in with the silver case.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
That's the thing tho.......no case and the cam bump is really obstructive. BUT with a case on it dramatically reduces the overall dimensions of the cam bump and looks alot better.
Is anyone else reconsidering not getting the Ultra? Between the price, color (only black for 512), and hump, I feel like I'm compromising a lot. I have pre-ordered it but I'm going to need to see what it looks like in a case.

I saw it at Best Buy and the hump really stands out

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing about the Hump that I noticed...

The thickness of the N20/U measured from screen to hump is the same as the S20U... The thickness of the PHONE itself is THINNER... so, it just makes the hump look bigger...

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So far I'm using a case on my Ultra, and I hate cases. I usually just use a clear skin for a little grip because I feel like cases destroy the look/feel of a phone. But with the camera housing sticking out so far I've felt a little more comfortable with a case on it.

I don't mind the look of the housing, or even that ones that stick out a little. I'd just prefer it didn't stick out so much that I feel the need to use a stupid ugly case.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I didn't like it at first. Although like any turn off, do you throw out the whole man over it? Not unless really bad...the hump was a livable "turn off" on my N20U.

It has grown on me, the overall look of this phone is matured vs last year. Like others mentioned, with a case it's just not as noticeable and I tend to use a clear case anyway vs risk a naked phone (currently Ringke fusion matte).

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Is anyone else reconsidering not getting the Ultra? Between the price, color (only black for 512), and hump, I feel like I'm compromising a lot. I have pre-ordered it but I'm going to need to see what it looks like in a case.

I saw it at Best Buy and the hump really stands out

Well I use the OEM a view case and once a case is on it levels it out nicely.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I like this guys camera reviews... looks nice in Mystic White :p

https://youtu.be/czzXQQKa-oA

Is it still too big?? Yes. Stick out too much?? Yes. But, IMO, it’s probably the best looking part of the phone!... Especially in Silver with the Mystic White. ;)

I’ve said before the N20U that the S20U’s camera module was just offensive looking... still do, lol. I don’t know what it is about it but it’s just big and ugly. Samsung basically did it’s best to black it out, maybe stick a 100X SPACE ZOOM to maybe give it a cool factor.

But I think Samsung realized it and even though they weren’t giving up on the big camera module, at least they decided to own it and try to do something about it than they did the S20U.

They made the proportions of the module the same as the Notes outer proportions. It has a more balanced look. Then instead of trying to hide the whole thing in black, they really put a lot of detail in the every part of the module from the other edge of the module to the polished bezel around the lenses and even an added ring outside the bezel.

I don’t know if it’s a great camera system for all that huge-ness... but it sure does look nice. :p

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
No! I actually love the hump! I don't use a case on my phones and it is placed perfectly for your finger to help hold the phone. I've owned 126 phones and this is the closest to perfect I've had. Between the screen, camera, power, design, features, the whole thing is just really superb.
273553be7781457353e4e476b7e8a04d.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX