Does any one feel like we’ve been shafted in the U.K?

chattoe

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
So I’ve just looked at the specs of the note 20 ultra in comparison to the S20 plus on GSM Arena and here in the U.K. I’m seeing no difference in specs at all yet the price is way over the top especially when you look at the CPU differences between us and America.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
So I’ve just looked at the specs of the note 20 ultra in comparison to the S20 plus on GSM Arena and here in the U.K. I’m seeing no difference in specs at all yet the price is way over the top especially when you look at the CPU differences between us and America.

No as we get double the storage US gets and it costs £1179 compared to 1300 for 128GB in the US

Infact I would say we are getting a decent deal compared to what was expected. I was expecting same price as US

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm keeping an open mind on the Samsung Note20 Ultra.

Some of The Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra models suffered possibly due to the Exynos 990 chipset which remarkably Samsung have decided to use in the Samsung Note 20 Ultra.

Awaiting more YouTube videos to see how it compares.

Having more storage etc is all well and good but that pales into insignificance if the phone shows similar issues.

Ysnmusk

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
No as we get double the storage US gets and it costs £1179 compared to 1300 for 128GB in the US

Infact I would say we are getting a decent deal compared to what was expected. I was expecting same price as US

I think it is only the US that is getting 128?

Everyone else outside Europe is getting 256 plus snapdragon 865+

Sooooo annoying.

Ysnmusk

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

Yes. I think we are getting royally shafted. I am naturally tempted to get it as I love the note series but come on... no snapdragon 865+ while everyone else is getting it?

Right now I'm leaning heavily towards getting a note 10 plus (I have a note 9) on a cheap deal (£35 per month) and getting the Tab S7+...... which has the snapdragon 865+!!!!!🤦🏾*♂️

Supposedly next years exynos will be up to par with the snapdragons of next year and then I'll just upgrade then...

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Yes. I think we are getting royally shafted. I am naturally tempted to get it as I love the note series but come on... no snapdragon 865+ while everyone else is getting it?

Right now I'm leaning heavily towards getting a note 10 plus (I have a note 9) on a cheap deal (£35 per month) and getting the Tab S7+...... which has the snapdragon 865+!!!!!*

Supposedly next years exynos will be up to par with the snapdragons of next year and then I'll just upgrade then...

Exynos 1000 hopefully will be standard for all regions starting with S21

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Taking exchange rate into account it's cheaper in America.

£1179 is equal to $1537.14 right now according to Google.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Taking exchange rate into account it's cheaper in America.

£1179 is equal to $1537.14 right now according to Google.

But you can’t look at it like that. Every other product is the same price from the US to UK. Just look at the s7 plus it’s £799 in UK and $850 in US.

Normally the prices are the same so the prices are less here. Going by all past products the note ultra should be £1300 and likely would be normally.

The price of the iPhone 12 pro will be likely the same wether it’s in £ or $

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
They could never have charged £1300 over here. We are getting shafted with the Note 20 series. Some reviewers are finding their phones getting super hot even when not undertaking taxing processes like video shooting or playing games. This concerns me, especially with the plastic Note 20 and hope it doesn't burst into flames or melts. That chipset is dreadful for overheating and worse performance. Also battery drains faster with it than the SD 865 and 865+. More storage doesn't make up for poor performance or a phone melting.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
They could never have charged £1300 over here. We are getting shafted with the Note 20 series. Some reviewers are finding their phones getting super hot even when not undertaking taxing processes like video shooting or playing games. This concerns me, especially with the plastic Note 20 and hope it doesn't burst into flames or melts. That chipset is dreadful for overheating and worse performance. Also battery drains faster with it than the SD 865 and 865+. More storage doesn't make up for poor performance or a phone melting.
They could have if they wanted to. The 256GB iphone 12 pro max will likely be £1300.

The overheating is a worry I must admit but i want to see how it is on retail units. None of the retails are anything but review units. Performance won’t be noticeable but battery life is my only concern.

Think it’s an overreaction to say the phone will be melting. That hasn’t happened since the note 7

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
They could have if they wanted to. The 256GB iphone 12 pro max will likely be £1300.

The overheating is a worry I must admit but i want to see how it is on retail units. None of the retails are anything but review units. Performance won’t be noticeable but battery life is my only concern.

Think it’s an overreaction to say the phone will be melting. That hasn’t happened since the note 7
But it DID overheat and explode and melt. So there is no exaggeration to speculate if it could happen again.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Does any one feel like we’ve been shafted in the U.K.

But it DID overheat and explode and melt. So there is no exaggeration to speculate if it could happen again.

Anything bad that has happened can happen again. Doesn’t make it likely. My iPhone overheats I certainly don’t feel worried it will blow up. There wouldn’t be note 20 ultra if that was the case as it would be recalled

Last edited:

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Maybe the Exynos 990 Notes over here will overheat and be recalled then we may get Snapdragon 865+ as a replacement......
One can always dream:)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

The Snapdragon 810 was a hot and power hungry mess that constantly throttled due to thermal limits in a time when most phones were still plastic. They didn't melt than or burst into flames so I would'nt worry about the Note 20 melting.

Poor performance compared to the Snapdragon version in the states and poor battery life are very realistic, but the phone won't melt. Lol

chattoe

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

Right now I'm leaning heavily towards getting a note 10 plus (I have a note 9) on a cheap deal (£35 per month) and getting the Tab S7+...... which has the snapdragon 865+!!!!!*

I’m also now looking at the note 10 plus and the s20 plus but not sure which to get

Ysnmusk

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Go for the note 10 I reckon. I thought of the s20 but considering the price difference right now I reckon note 10 is a better buy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084