Battery life? not great?

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Not the same thing at all.

The point is. If I wanted less performance I'd buy less. Why buy top of the line and not use it? Just save the money and buy a lesser device. If I buy a high end sports car I'm going to push it some. I'm not going to drive it like it has only 140 horsepower. No offense intended. It had a smiley face behind it, but for some reason it didn't show. Lol.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The point is. If I wanted less performance I'd buy less. Why buy top of the line and not use it? Just save the money and buy a lesser device. If I buy a high end sports car I'm going to push it some. I'm not going to drive it like it has only 140 horsepower. No offense intended. It had a smiley face behind it, but for some reason it didn't show. Lol.

OH.MY.GOD. I absolutely HATE seeing fast cars putt along at 60 on the freeway. I'm like come on bruh. Just drive on the feeder. You got a 500HP V8 and you're being passed by a Smart car (no offense to smart cars). I drive my lil Regal like she's a 'Rari or something!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Cool. But I'm away from a phone charger for 12+ hours a day. Many of you have the luxury of plugging in your devices whenever you can. I don't.

I have my opinion on this matter and you have your opinion.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Cool. But I'm away from a phone charger for 12+ hours a day. Many of you have the luxury of plugging in your devices whenever you can. I don't.

Medium power mode also try , get little more battery life if not by charger for long periods.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I used to worry about battery life, but no more. I use it how I want to without a care about brightness, what settings, and all that jazz. Nowadays we've got the option to have chargers in all shapes, sizes, and wattage...with or without wires. We can juice up just about anywhere in 30 min or less. I realize no one wants a device with abysmal SOT, but its just not a big a deal as it used to be to me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I used to worry about battery life, but no more. I use it how I want to without a care about brightness, what settings, and all that jazz. Nowadays we've got the option to have chargers in all shapes, sizes, and wattage...with or without wires. We can juice up just about anywhere in 30 min or less. I realize no one wants a device with abysmal SOT, but its just not a big a deal as it used to be to me.

This ^

The best battery tip I was told years ago was to turn off the battery % sign in the phone's status bar and just enjoy the phone.

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It just sucks that by using the 120Hz refresh rate, it gimps the phone to FHD. I guess when I get the phone I will have to decide whether or not the difference in refresh rate trumps the screen clarity. Either way you're compromising one feature or another...

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
It just sucks that by using the 120Hz refresh rate, it gimps the phone to FHD. I guess when I get the phone I will have to decide whether or not the difference in refresh rate trumps the screen clarity. Either way you're compromising one feature or another...

120hz from 60hz is far bigger difference. FHd to QHD really isn’t noticeable not when the display is so good anyway

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Same. The refresh rate and camera is the main reasons for me. If the Note 10+ had 120 refresh I would be staying put. Also the new dex is an amazing perk as well

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
You won't notice a difference at all from clarity but you definitely notice it in refresh rate. This is why they opted to keep it this. They didn't want to push that battery to much especially with the bad PR from Note 7

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You won't notice a difference at all from clarity but you definitely notice it in refresh rate. This is why they opted to keep it this. They didn't want to push that battery to much especially with the bad PR from Note 7

Actually the reason for no 120 at max resolution is because Exynos can't keep up.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Just poking and having fun. I've never had battery issues though other than when I had a Droid X. I've run every phone to its full capabilities. It last pretty much all day and I don't charge in-between. I'm a hard user too. Currently on Samsung S10+. Even got through the day when I had the S6 Edge and its battery was tiny in comparison. The only thing I do with them is not let apps run rogue. I've found that to be the key. I don't have thousands of notifications going off and at the top like I see lots of people's phones. Too much clutter. I'll cut back those, that's it. Lol. I can't wait until this Note arrives. Will be my first Note actually. I've always bought the Galaxy S series. Enjoy your new device sir. It's just opinion as you said I wasn't judging you I promise.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Just poking and having fun. I've never had battery issues though other than when I had a Droid X. I've run every phone to its full capabilities. It last pretty much all day and I don't charge in-between. I'm a hard user too. Currently on Samsung S10+. Even got through the day when I had the S6 Edge and its battery was tiny in comparison. The only thing I do with them is not let apps run rogue. I've found that to be the key. I don't have thousands of notifications going off and at the top like I see lots of people's phones. Too much clutter. I'll cut back those, that's it. Lol. I can't wait until this Note arrives. Will be my first Note actually. I've always bought the Galaxy S series. Enjoy your new device sir. It's just opinion as you said I wasn't judging you I promise.

No worries.

I'm not buying the device for the 120Hz display. I'm buying it for the S Pen, extra storage (512GB!), and the 12GB of RAM. I wish they'd give us a 90Hz display option. I'd keep that on all the time.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
You'd get better battery running at 120. 60 is constant. The 120 is adaptive. Is only runs at 120 when it's needed. Most times it's running less that 40..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon