Battery life? not great?

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've just watched a YouTube reviewer's 1 week with the Note Ultra and without saying too much (cause they can't until the review embargo is lifted) I get the feeling the battery life on this especially the Exynos version isn't gonna be great!

Anyone read or seen anything similar? its something I need to know as I'm moving from the S20 Ultra

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Honestly it’s important to not take too much from these as they are review units and everybody usage is different

My advice is try it for yourself and return it after 10 days if you feel it’s not good enough.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I agree but you only need to put into twitter Note 20 Ultra battery life and see, it's got a smaller battery than the S20 ultra, powering a bigger screen, and powering the s-pen.

I hope I'm wrong but I think it's gonna be a down point in all the reviews, that everything will be good but battery life is just ok.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I agree but you only need to put into twitter Note 20 Ultra battery life and see, it's got a smaller battery than the S20 ultra, powering a bigger screen, and powering the s-pen.

I hope I'm wrong but I think it's gonna be a down point in all the reviews, that everything will be good but battery life is just ok.

Depends as the LTPO display is suppose to help with battery life. For me as long as it lasts me all day on normal use it’s ok but depends on how close you are to charger and if it’s needed

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
So there is a drain test out and looks like the Exynos 990 on the Note 20 ultra and s20+ along with iPhone 11 max, One plus 8 Pro and Xiaomi Mi10.

So the Note 20 Ultra, under intense gaming, browsing, video and camera, managed 8 hours 20 minutes, I'll let you guys take a look at the rest but being the biggest screen with 2nd smallest battery I was surprised for the Exynos chip...

https://youtu.be/TBM_40Qi-Zc

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I used to worry about battery life, but no more. I use it how I want to without a care about brightness, what settings, and all that jazz. Nowadays we've got the option to have chargers in all shapes, sizes, and wattage...with or without wires. We can juice up just about anywhere in 30 min or less. I realize no one wants a device with abysmal SOT, but its just not a big a deal as it used to be to me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Its a 10 percent difference with a more efficient screen. The battery life differential isn't going to change your life

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Its a 10 percent difference with a more efficient screen. The battery life differential isn't going to change your life

You might be right but that's not the vibe I'm seeing online on this hands on videos, will wait on the review embargo being lifted before I jump in.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I've just watched a YouTube reviewer's 1 week with the Note Ultra and without saying too much (cause they can't until the review embargo is lifted) I get the feeling the battery life on this especially the Exynos version isn't gonna be great!

Anyone read or seen anything similar? its something I need to know as I'm moving from the S20 Ultra

I don't plan on using the 120Hz just because I want that extra battery power.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
So there is a drain test out and looks like the Exynos 990 on the Note 20 ultra and s20+ along with iPhone 11 max, One plus 8 Pro and Xiaomi Mi10.

So the Note 20 Ultra, under intense gaming, browsing, video and camera, managed 8 hours 20 minutes, I'll let you guys take a look at the rest but being the biggest screen with 2nd smallest battery I was surprised for the Exynos chip...

https://youtu.be/TBM_40Qi-Zc
That was a fascinating test and all done at FHD 60Hz.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I used to worry about battery life, but no more. I use it how I want to without a care about brightness, what settings, and all that jazz. Nowadays we've got the option to have chargers in all shapes, sizes, and wattage...with or without wires. We can juice up just about anywhere in 30 min or less. I realize no one wants a device with abysmal SOT, but its just not a big a deal as it used to be to me.

True certainly with the wireless battery packs too so if you’re away from a charger this will fill a need. Not that you should need it but it’s there

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
True certainly with the wireless battery packs too so if you’re away from a charger this will fill a need. Not that you should need it but it’s there

We're talking about a $1300 (at least) device, even if that's now what I paid. I am NOT gimping it's abilities to save power when I've got more power readily accessible. May not work for all, but...

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
We're talking about a $1300 (at least) device, even if that's now what I paid. I am NOT gimping it's abilities to save power when I've got more power readily accessible. May not work for all, but...

Didn’t say you should but options are there for charging if it’s needed. For most people this will still last most of not all day. Everybody has different usages.

I play zero games so for me I’m more likely to not be as affected. Depends on your daily tasks

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the N20U will get me through the day. As a back up, I have a portable power bank coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2