Once the Note 20 Ultra arrives...what features are you looking forward to most?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
....so can we have a thread discussing all the ways to use the new features?

Specifically, how will you guys implement the new wireless Dex feature? I tried using it on my pc from time to time but I guess I don’t have any real world application/uses for it - although it sounds like I should, lol. Give me your examples of how you use / will use this...

Will you use the new air gestures with the S-pen? How? I don’t use them much now, but it often takes intentional implementation for us to make it a habit - I was trying to think of ways to use the gestures that would be useful and habitual.

Since Samsung dropped the first level option of storage down to 128gb, I bought an SD card — I will set the default storage to the card for the camera - the last time I needed an sd card was many moons ago when you couldn’t really run apps from it, etc.. has this changed? Is the sd card implementation fairly flawless now? (Please don’t be negative and give me buyers remorse, lol) I make "watch me work" time lapses and I just want to be sure I use my storage efficiently.

I always set up my new devices "fresh" since that’s one of the most fun parts for me, having a clean device— how about everyone else? Going through apps today to decide what I want to keep, etc..

What’s your favorite gallery app? I’ve been using QuickPic for ages, but the native app seems better than it used to be ...thoughts?

Now that google has password storage, I was thinking I may not need LastPass anymore...

Do you use Good Lock? What do you like to do with it?

I have a thousand other thoughts but I know some people get cranky with so many questions in one post. :confused:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
....so can we have a thread discussing all the ways to use the new features?

Specifically, how will you guys implement the new wireless Dex feature? I tried using it on my pc from time to time but I guess I don’t have any real world application/uses for it - although it sounds like I should, lol. Give me your examples of how you use / will use this...

Will you use the new air gestures with the S-pen? How? I don’t use them much now, but it often takes intentional implementation for us to make it a habit - I was trying to think of ways to use the gestures that would be useful and habitual.

Since Samsung dropped the first level option of storage down to 128gb, I bought an SD card — I will set the default storage to the card for the camera - the last time I needed an sd card was many moons ago when you couldn’t really run apps from it, etc.. has this changed? Is the sd card implementation fairly flawless now? (Please don’t be negative and give me buyers remorse, lol) I make "watch me work" time lapses and I just want to be sure I use my storage efficiently.

I always set up my new devices "fresh" since that’s one of the most fun parts for me, having a clean device— how about everyone else? Going through apps today to decide what I want to keep, etc..

What’s your favorite gallery app? I’ve been using QuickPic for ages, but the native app seems better than it used to be ...thoughts?

Now that google has password storage, I was thinking I may not need LastPass anymore...

Do you use Good Lock? What do you like to do with it?

I have a thousand other thoughts but I know some people get cranky with so many questions in one post. :confused:
Most of the questions you are asking would be separate threads. Some of them are generic and apply to other decices and have existing discussions. For example: setting up devices fresh, Good Lock, sd cards...etc.

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I dread having to transfer all my pics to my PC and export a few apps that I need the data on. But I plan on cutting down some apps as well. I am really excited about using the S pen for remote camera control. I'm big on photography, so the S Pen should also help with changing the pro settings, especially aperture. I am coming from the S series, so I am super stoked about the S Pen. I don't think I said that enough.. S pen = cool. My husband had a Note 5 and now a Note 9 and loves it.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I dread having to transfer all my pics to my PC and export a few apps that I need the data on. But I plan on cutting down some apps as well. I am really excited about using the S pen for remote camera control. I'm big on photography, so the S Pen should also help with changing the pro settings, especially aperture. I am coming from the S series, so I am super stoked about the S Pen. I don't think I said that enough.. S pen = cool. My husband had a Note 5 and now a Note 9 and loves it.

Lol the s-pen IS cool!
I use it all the time like a mouse - it’s just easier/faster than using your finger to tap in certain tasks - inside the browser when you need to fill a small box with text, I use the s-pen instead of zooming (probably an old habit) — I habitually remove the s-pen when I do most things, just because it’s easier.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Most of the questions you are asking would be separate threads. Some of them are generic and apply to other decices and have existing discussions. For example: setting up devices fresh, Good Lock, sd cards...etc.

But I’m asking specifically about those apps on the Note20U—- :)

Jerry Schuller

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Lol the s-pen IS cool!
I use it all the time like a mouse - it’s just easier/faster than using your finger to tap in certain tasks - inside the browser when you need to fill a small box with text, I use the s-pen instead of zooming (probably an old habit) — I habitually remove the s-pen when I do most things, just because it’s easier.

Me too. I use the S-Pen for everything. It's so much easier than using my finger.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
But I’m asking specifically about those apps on the Note20U—- :)
Right, but many questions don't change from device to device. For example, if someone posts a question about what the best way charge a battery for longevity, that isn't device specific.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Not to burst your bubble but the variable aperture from the Note 9/10 got dropped with the S20 and I've seen no mention in specs or reviews of it returning in the Note 20. I also didn't see it when I played with the Note 20 Ultra in store.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not to burst your bubble but the variable aperture from the Note 9/10 got dropped with the S20 and I've seen no mention in specs or reviews of it returning in the Note 20. I also didn't see it when I played with the Note 20 Ultra in store.
I really liked the concept of dual aperture, was hoping they refined it but looks like that's gone .

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I really liked the concept of dual aperture, was hoping they refined it but looks like that's gone .

I hope they bring it back, would help tremendously with the shallow depth of field users complain about on the larger image sensor. Also helps with exposure since f/1.5 to f/2.4 on the S9/Note 9 were more than a full stop impacting ISO and shutter speeds.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I hope they bring it back, would help tremendously with the shallow depth of field users complain about on the larger image sensor. Also helps with exposure since f/1.5 to f/2.4 on the S9/Note 9 were more than a full stop impacting ISO and shutter speeds.
I hope at some point they do also , just need little refinement .

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Right, but many questions don't change from device to device. For example, if someone posts a question about what the best way charge a battery for longevity, that isn't device specific.

And I understand that. I’m guessing you’re mentioning this for unseasoned AC’ers...lol you know how long I’ve been here.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to seeing how much of a difference 9ms makes on the S-Pen as I use it every day. I also want to see how well the laser auto focus works and I want to see how well the SD 865+ performs.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to seeing how much of a difference 9ms makes on the S-Pen as I use it every day. I also want to see how well the laser auto focus works and I want to see how well the SD 865+ performs.

I use the S-pen everyday too. I actually didn’t notice the faster ability on the display model I played with, but maybe I will once mine arrives.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to using the Dex with my TV. No wires. Just checked today to confirm my TV has Miracast compatibility. Also, I'm coming from the Note 8, so I am hoping the low-light camera shots are much improved.

And, I want to see for myself what all this fuss is about with high-refresh displays.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
This will be my first Note. I've had a S9+ and a S10+ and before that I was a BlackBerry girl for years, so the main attraction for me is the S-pen. I am really looking forward to using that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney