Already having issues with 5G

HungryHOBO

Aug 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone, I guess the phone coming early wasn't such a blessing as 5G speeds are incredibly slow. Working with AT&T at the moment and supposedly they found a "network glitch" on my account and I will have to wait up to 60 mins so it can take effect?

I don't fully believe it, but I have no other choice. If this does still happen, I still have my 11 Pro that I haven't returned to them yet. We'll see...

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I guess the phone coming early wasn't such a blessing as 5G speeds are incredibly slow. Working with AT&T at the moment and supposedly they found a "network glitch" on my account and I will have to wait up to 60 mins so it can take effect?

I don't fully believe it, but I have no other choice. If this does still happen, I still have my 11 Pro that I haven't returned to them yet. We'll see...
Good luck. Too new to mess with here in Indianapolis. 5GE speeds are very fast though.

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

What speeds are you getting?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Good luck. Too new to mess with here in Indianapolis. 5GE speeds are very fast though.

Will it show up as 5GE on the notifications bar when you are using it? I hope there will be some differentiation in how it's represented from the not-really "5G" that ATT is showing now.

Flytetymex

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Is your phone unlocked or at&t branded? I have an unlocked one and was wondering if it would show 5G or just the LTE+ on the unlocked version

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
5g signal is strong in my area but with 5g on I get no connectivity at all. Works fine when switched to 4g or wifi
Screenshot_20200820-191145_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20200820-191204_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200820-191204_SignalCheck Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20200820-191204_SignalCheck Pro.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 10

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Although my area is not a true 5G ready, but my speed is anywhere between 100-250 down and 22-50 up.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Although my area is not a true 5G ready, but my speed is anywhere between 100-250 down and 22-50 up.

That is 5G. It's not mmwave levels, but it's comparable to basic broadband. My upload speed over 5G is faster than my cable internet and only a little slower than the download speed.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That is 5G. It's not mmwave levels, but it's comparable to basic broadband. My upload speed over 5G is faster than my cable internet and only a little slower than the download speed.

I agree with the upload speed. My Comcast upload speed blows. LMAO

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the upload speed. My Comcast upload speed blows. LMAO

Seriously, if I didn't have a tethering limit, is connect to work through my phone all the time. Though the server connections at work tend to suck regardless. Then again, there have been times I can access large files remotely much faster than when I'm in the office. I'm not surprised considering my company is still using software everyone else left behind 20+ years ago.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, if I didn't have a tethering limit, is connect to work through my phone all the time. Though the server connections at work tend to suck regardless. Then again, there have been times I can access large files remotely much faster than when I'm in the office. I'm not surprised considering my company is still using software everyone else left behind 20+ years ago.

I have a router that can use a SIM card, I simply just pop that in if Comcast goes down. ;)