How to activate my new phone

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I feel stupid for asking this, but I have never purchased a new phone that got delivered to me. I've always gotten them right from a Verizon store or from BestBuy where they activated it for me. How do I do this? I assume I don't have to go to a store, but do I need to call them? Do I use the sim card that's in my S10+ or does it come with a new one? Thanks!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I feel stupid for asking this, but I have never purchased a new phone that got delivered to me. I've always gotten them right from a Verizon store or from BestBuy where they activated it for me. How do I do this? I assume I don't have to go to a store, but do I need to call them? Do I use the sim card that's in my S10+ or does it come with a new one? Thanks!
With ATT you just use the sim card from your old phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This page gives some basic instructions.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-209087/&token=kmSeMtfX

It has another device activation link in the steps, but it requires you to log in to your account to view it.

You can also call customer service and they will talk you through the steps. For this, it would be best to call from a different line than the one you're modifying, because part of the activation process requires both phones to be completely powered down.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
This page gives some basic instructions.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-209087/&token=rFaZaCn9

It has another device activation link in the steps, but it requires you to log in to your account to view it.

You can also call customer service and they will talk you through the steps. For this, it would be best to call from a different line than the one you're modifying, because part of the activation process requires both phones to be completely powered down.

Thank you! That's very helpful.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
So you just put it in there and the phone just works and you don't have to call to activate it? I am on Verizon.

I've been with Verizon until just few days ago & as others have stated you should just need to change the SIM from your old device to your new one. If you don't have the SIM removal tool the end of a paper clip works just fine! And, if you do want/need to call Carrier, it IS good to call from another phone, something I usually forget to do, lol! Enjoy your new phone!
And, please don't feel "stupid" we were ALL new at this at some point, that's one of the reasons AC is so great....

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I've been with Verizon until just few days ago & as others have stated you should just need to change the SIM from your old device to your new one. If you don't have the SIM removal
tool, the end of a paper clip works just fine! And, if you do want/need to call Carrier, it IS good to call from another phone, something I usually forget to do, lol! Enjoy your new phone!
And, please don't feel "stupid" we were ALL new at this at some point, that's one of the reasons AC is so great....

Thank you!! This sounds a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.