SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here??

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here?? Everyone bring out your flashlights and magnifying glasses...

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-ultra-100-plus-camera-defects-report

Still out of town and waiting to get home to open my new N20U waiting for me and reading posts and articles in meantime.

I gotta check the Official Samsung community to see if anyone reporting dust/condensation issues.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Re: SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here??

SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here?? Everyone bring out your flashlights and magnifying glasses...

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-ultra-100-plus-camera-defects-report

Still out of town and waiting to get home to open my new N20U waiting for me and reading posts and articles in meantime.

I gotta check the Official Samsung community to see if anyone reporting dust/condensation issues.

Still very early but mine appears to be fine. It is a tad concerning the level of noise the camera makes when slightly rattled though and it happens when you gently toss your phone down on a table.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here??

Don't see a issue on mine yet

Horace jones

May 3, 2013
Visit site

No issue her eat all! Sounds like some garbage rumors attempting to bash this amazing phone!!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Still very early but mine appears to be fine. It is a tad concerning the level of noise the camera makes when slightly rattled though and it happens when you gently toss your phone down on a table.
Thsts normal...its the image stabilization and goes quiet if you open the camera app

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

It's not the periscope camera lenses sliding back and forth on it's "tracks" or whatever it is when not in use??

Thsts normal...its the image stabilization and goes quiet if you open the camera app

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

No issue her eat all! Sounds like some garbage rumors attempting to bash this amazing phone!!

I'd agree except it's coming from SamMobile. You'd think they check on the info before publishing but I guess standards could be sliding in the journalism world.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

The article mentions noticeable camera moduke gaps. So far mine is tighter than a cheap buzzard.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

The article mentions noticeable camera moduke gaps. So far mine is tighter than a cheap buzzard.

Tighter... than a... cheap buzzard... :confused:... trying to visualize...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

It's not the periscope camera lenses sliding back and forth on it's "tracks" or whatever it is when not in use??
As far as I know its the image stabilization. Happens on pro cameras too. However now that you mentioned the periscope, I tried it on the Note 10 and its quiet but that doesn't confirm anything either way since they are two different setups. I don't think its an issue in any event.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Nothing here. My gripe is like most of the time with new Galaxys is the photo quality with the camera. I noticed compared to my Note 10 Plus that photos seem too bold. Like selfie mode is nowhere near as good on here, especially in the beauty mode.

Seem every Galaxy release they end up doing camera updates. People were complaining about the S20 Ultra camera as well.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I had a system update after I set it this morning and no change. Mine still makes noise when camera is off. Since this only happens when the camera app is closed, logic would dictate that a camera update shouldn't make a difference.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I had a system update after I set it this morning and no change. Mine still makes noise when camera is off. Since this only happens when the camera app is closed, logic would dictate that a camera update shouldn't make a difference.
I opened the galaxy store last night and there was a camera update. It does not rock near as loud now. I'm not sure what it has to do with it as I don't know much about how it works.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Nothing here. My gripe is like most of the time with new Galaxys is the photo quality with the camera. I noticed compared to my Note 10 Plus that photos seem too bold. Like selfie mode is nowhere near as good on here, especially in the beauty mode.

Seem every Galaxy release they end up doing camera updates. People were complaining about the S20 Ultra camera as well.

We could say the same for lots of devices. I'm no fan boy, but Samsung doesn't own camera updates based on all the devices I've owned. I will admit the S20 Ultra had more than their fair share though, however that was mostly for two specific issues and in the end the issues were minimimized.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown