SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here??

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here??

I opened the galaxy store last night and there was a camera update. It does not rock near as loud now. I'm not sure what it has to do with it as I don't know much about how it works.
I'll take a look...thanks

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here??

Still very early but mine appears to be fine. It is a tad concerning the level of noise the camera makes when slightly rattled though and it happens when you gently toss your phone down on a table.

Yes, mine is rattle bucket also. I believe it's even worst than the S20 Ultra was.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I opened the galaxy store last night and there was a camera update. It does not rock near as loud now. I'm not sure what it has to do with it as I don't know much about how it works.
Wow...there were 14 updates there including the camera. The update claims it added a depth guide pop up for close range shooting. I thought that was already there. Still no change in rattle for me.Screenshot_20200820-212225_Galaxy%20Store.jpeg

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Now i am nervous. Mine isn't rattling anymore.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site

Thsts normal...its the image stabilization and goes quiet if you open the camera app

Didn't know that but it makes sense and yup it doesn't do it when the camera is on. Thanks for the info.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Please forward to the 21:30 mark on the Note 20 tear down. That Periscope lens just rides on that track and guessing when not active is not “parked” and will just freely move like OIS. It looks to have quite a bit of travel so that’s why I thought the noise would be coming from that lens slapping back and forth. Very timely video.

Makes me think I shouldn’t be running with it or trail riding with it cause I just can’t imagine it being able to endure long term in those conditions.

https://youtu.be/tMRIADrsVxg

As far as I know its the image stabilization. Happens on pro cameras too. However now that you mentioned the periscope, I tried it on the Note 10 and its quiet but that doesn't confirm anything either way since they are two different setups. I don't think its an issue in any event.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

I read somewhere that it is only reported in their home market, just a bad batch of phones

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I am pretty sure I've read and seen reviews that mention that the rattle is the periscope and completely normal. Doesn't the S20 a
experience the same?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Please forward to the 21:30 mark on the Note 20 tear down. That Periscope lens just rides on that track and guessing when not active is not “parked” and will just freely move like OIS. It looks to have quite a bit of travel so that’s why I thought the noise would be coming from that lens slapping back and forth. Very timely video.

Makes me think I shouldn’t be running with it or trail riding with it cause I just can’t imagine it being able to endure long term in those conditions.

https://youtu.be/tMRIADrsVxg

Yikes. Mine rattled last night and I was wondering what was going on. I figured it might have something to do with the periscope camera. Good thing I got the Galaxy Watch 3 LTE so I don't have to bring my phone with while running.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Mine rattles if I shake it .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruchi Chandel