Insurance: Upsie vs Samsung Care

Bike Mi Vie

Aug 9, 2020
Visit site
For people who it concerns.

Can you give me your opinion on the two.
With cell phone protection from wells Fargo?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
At $160 for 2 years and a $99 ded, it does not seem like a good deal, given it does not cover loss or theft. But I'm not comparing it to Samsung's coverage. I'm comparing it to Verizon, who has a plan for $6.85 a month per line and $29 ded. Covers more, deductable is lower and theft/loss is covered. Maybe check out your provider to see if they offer something similar?

Bike Mi Vie

Aug 9, 2020
Visit site
At $160 for 2 years and a $99 ded, it does not seem like a good deal, given it does not cover loss or theft. But I'm not comparing it to Samsung's coverage. I'm comparing it to Verizon, who has a plan for $6.85 a month per line and $29 ded. Covers more, deductable is lower and theft/loss is covered. Maybe check out your provider to see if they offer something similar?

With wells Fargo they'll reimburse the deductible. For 25$ and it covers loss and theft. What you think now?

Bike Mi Vie

Aug 9, 2020
Visit site

Wow I just checked TMobile and they have one for 18 and the other is for 7. The one for 7 only covers "internal"

"Good morning. Thank you for being so amazing and for taking this time out of your Friday to reach out for some assistance. I'm very pleased you've found us here on social media - we love hearing from you, even more than this we love helping out.

I understand wanting to have the best protection on your new device, we do have different tier of protection here is a break down;

NY Protection<360> - Tier5 TE $18.00/month
Insurance Device Protection Plan coverage includes:

Accidental damage, including $29 screen repair service fee for an eligible iPhone.
The $29 accidental damage iPhone screen-only repair service fee only applies to the first two claims during the eligibility period.
For all other accidental damage claims, the deductible is $99.
Loss/theft

Insurance Only - NY - Tier 5 TE $7.00/month

Excluded hardware service (mechanical breakdown)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions here to help??????

**This message may be stored. Learn more at https://www.t-mobile.com/privacy-ce...d=MGPO_EM_U_PRIVACYCTR_NDUW6NK3FZDXUT9B353562 ^MarisolBetancourt"

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I never heard up "Upsie" but the first impression isn't great, never heard of a "Galaxy Note S20". 😂😂😂 I just went with SquareTrade and it's $8.99 a month with a $149 deductible. It's still cheaper than TMobile which is $18 a month and $249 deductible.

Attachments

• 22375.jpg
    22375.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

upsie-will

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Hi folks,
I’m Will Anderson, Upsie’s VP of Product. Thanks for letting us know about the typo on our home page! That was not only my teams mistake, it was mine. I was so excited to update the website with the new releases that I mistyped the phone’s name.

Thanks to the post here, we fixed the typo on Friday. We always appreciate feedback so if you see anything else, we’d love to hear about it.

Cheers,
Will

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks,
I’m Will Anderson, Upsie’s VP of Product. Thanks for letting us know about the typo on our home page! That was not only my teams mistake, it was mine. I was so excited to update the website with the new releases that I mistyped the phone’s name.

Thanks to the post here, we fixed the typo on Friday. We always appreciate feedback so if you see anything else, we’d love to hear about it.

Cheers,
Will

Is there a monthly payment option?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just use TMo's insurance. 18/month sounds like a lot, but it covers whatever device my sim is in. Beats paying for insurance for each phone I have separately.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Upsie comes out to 4.50 a month for two years which is the cheapest you and get also has a low deductable.
I don't generally believe in phone insurance but the main thing with any insurance is how the claim process is and how well they handled your claim etc. If you have US unlocked model did they send that model or asked you what carrier you are in and send that model (I bet it's the latter). I don't know how good or bad upsie is but any insurance the important thing is the claim process and if you get replacement of the exact item you had. Cheaper premium is great and all but if the claim process/customer service is horrible then it's just throwing away money every month IMO. Not saying Upsie is since I can't speak without using them but more of a general opinion.

upsie-will

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
How? Just by paying your service bill with that card?

Certain credit cards will extend the manufacturer warranty an extra year beyond the manufacturer - and yes, it's by using that card to buy the phone. Some credit cards might extend it two years. However, they probably don't provide accident coverage for the drops, spills, or cracks that account for most repairs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay