Anyone else returning their Note 20 Ultras?

Chris134

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site
I own a note 10+ and after using the Note 20 ultra for two days, I didn't see enough to convince me to ditch the 10+.

The 20 ultra is a great phone but it was little things that bothered me.

- No pre-installed screen protector. I don't want to deal with this especially on a curve display. The dome glass seems to be the only really good solution but its a huge pain to install and get it right. Then i usually end up getting webbing on the side and have to do it again

- The pen on the left side. Its weird and bothers me.

- Camera makes noises when i move phone sometimes. Sounds cheap and annoys me on such a expensive device.

- The camera bump is ok but I wonder about exposure to damages because its a big surface area.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
No way. Keeping mine. The camera bump is the only annoyance but it is the future for the next couple of years so it will grow on me. I love my note 10 plus but for the last couple of years, for me, it feels life they fill in the few blanks making it feel like you get what you didn't realize you were missing.

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I own a note 10+ and after using the Note 20 ultra for two days, I didn't see enough to convince me to ditch the 10+.

The 20 ultra is a great phone but it was little things that bothered me.

- No pre-installed screen protector. I don't want to deal with this especially on a curve display. The dome glass seems to be the only really good solution but its a huge pain to install and get it right. Then i usually end up getting webbing on the side and have to do it again

- The pen on the left side. Its weird and bothers me.

- Camera makes noises when i move phone sometimes. Sounds cheap and annoys me on such a expensive device.

- The camera bump is ok but I wonder about exposure to damages because its a big surface area.

I am SO glad you said something about the camera. My Camera bump rattles as well. It must be a gimbal or something in there, poor design though for a phone this expensive. I use my phone for Strava a lot, and I cannot Imagine that something rattling like that is good! GAH! I am also coming from a note 10 plus....not impressed enough right now.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Get a case. Go to Verizon store and have them install a screen protector. Software update for camera should solve that issue. You'll adapt to the stylus being on that side

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I am SO glad you said something about the camera. My Camera bump rattles as well. It must be a gimbal or something in there, poor design though for a phone this expensive. I use my phone for Strava a lot, and I cannot Imagine that something rattling like that is good! GAH! I am also coming from a note 10 plus....not impressed enough right now.

It has to do with aperture control. If you open the camera app you will notice that it no longer "rattles".

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. The biggest con for me is the S-Pen on the left side but that's not enough for me to return it.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Nope! At least not until the Note 21 Ultra comes out

I will relearn the button and s-pen placement, didn't notice the camera noise until someone mentioned it, and I don't necessarily go around shaking my phone by my ear anyway.

Every phone will have its pros and cons, but for me, unless it is absolutely unbearable, glitch-full, frustratingly slow, I'm keeping it.

Again, until the next Note.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I will relearn the button and s-pen placement, didn't notice the camera noise until someone mentioned it, and I don't necessarily go around shaking my phone by my ear anyway.

Every phone will have its pros and cons, but for me, unless it is absolutely unbearable, glitch-full, frustratingly slow, I'm keeping it.

Same!

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Lol. I think I will keep mine as well. It is a gorgeous phone. It is good to hear that a software update may fix the cam issue. S pen is weird but def not a deal breaker for me.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Love the phone but damn battery look is not good right now. I’m committed to get it right though and will see how it goes over the next week.

Being on 20% left at 17:00 during a working day is not ideal really. Had to put it on charge for half an hour as won;’t have enough for the gym and to get home

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Love the phone but damn battery look is not good right now. I’m committed to get it right though and will see how it goes over the next week.

Being on 20% left at 17:00 during a working day is not ideal really. Had to put it on charge for half an hour as won;’t have enough for the gym and to get home

What is your usage? That seems excessive, Mine is hanging in the 60% by 9pm, starting my day at 6 am

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes buyers remorse plays a part too.

For me the placement of the S-Pen isn't a deal breaker.

I only use it occasionally.

The rattling has been present in phone's before and wont be damaged or damage anything.

The Note 20 Ultra is an incremental update to the Note 10+ 5G and as such the next big upgrade will be next year typically.

My Note 10+ 5G has served me well since launch but it's time to upgrade not because I need to but because I want to and purposely save disposable income to fund my purchases.

No point being the richest man in the cemetery ;)

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Anyone else returning their note 20 ultras?

What is your usage? That seems excessive, Mine is hanging in the 60% by 9pm, starting my day at 6 am

Screen time was on about 1 hour, 40 mins when i plugged it in so my usage has been very light but still was draining a lot in standby.

My phone was draining 1% every 15 mins it seems when looking at the AOD. Maybe I have too many widgets that are consistently using battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae