Anyone else returning their Note 20 Ultras?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Screen time was on about 1 hour, 40 mins when i plugged it in so my usage has been very light but still was draining a lot in standby.

My phone was draining 1% every 15 mins it seems when looking at the AOD. Maybe I have too many widgets that are consistently using battery.

Yep widgets can be a culprit.

My AOD is always set to tap to wake.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I own a note 10+ and after using the Note 20 ultra for two days, I didn't see enough to convince me to ditch the 10+.

The 20 ultra is a great phone but it was little things that bothered me.

- No pre-installed screen protector. I don't want to deal with this especially on a curve display. The dome glass seems to be the only really good solution but its a huge pain to install and get it right. Then i usually end up getting webbing on the side and have to do it again

- The pen on the left side. Its weird and bothers me.

- Camera makes noises when i move phone sometimes. Sounds cheap and annoys me on such a expensive device.

- The camera bump is ok but I wonder about exposure to damages because its a big surface area.

Still have Note 10 Plus (now wife). So far, I'm loving my N20U. Traded S8Plus (wife) with AT&T Promo deal.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The S-pen on the left side makes me not want to use it at all (the S-pen). If that's the case I mine as well keep what I have and throw the Note up for sale.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not understanding the s-pen placement complaints. Being a breaker and all. Maybe I missed Samsungs ads and the zillion reports about its new location before it went on sale. Somebody didn't do their homework... As far as any camera problems, that I understand, hate them, never use them. IMO I would remove them from and fill in the holes with the silly putty.. Lol

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Someone will shoot me for saying this, but I will only think about that when I have to fight the urge to go back to an iPhone. I switched just for this phone and... I don't want to go back. old habits die hard but this is a fantastic device. Well worth the switch.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Although I am happy with my choice, I will say flagship phones like this are too expensive for most of us to keep if we're not thrilled with it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I own a note 10+ and after using the Note 20 ultra for two days, I didn't see enough to convince me to ditch the 10+.

The 20 ultra is a great phone but it was little things that bothered me.

- No pre-installed screen protector. I don't want to deal with this especially on a curve display. The dome glass seems to be the only really good solution but its a huge pain to install and get it right. Then i usually end up getting webbing on the side and have to do it again

- The pen on the left side. Its weird and bothers me.

- Camera makes noises when i move phone sometimes. Sounds cheap and annoys me on such a expensive device.

- The camera bump is ok but I wonder about exposure to damages because its a big surface area.
You can get Ringke or others that make a plastic film protector if you don't like Whitestone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not understanding the s-pen placement complaints. Being a breaker and all. Maybe I missed Samsungs ads and the zillion reports about its new location before it went on sale. Somebody didn't do their homework... As far as any camera problems, that I understand, hate them, never use them. IMO I would remove them from and fill in the holes with the silly putty.. Lol
Lol , I dealt with the spen on right and never complained about, now its on left which is more Comfortable for me.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Nope! I love mine, I sold my 10+ awhile ago and got the S20 Ultra, I hated that phone so I'm glad I sold it and got the Note 20 Ultra :)

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I have had little time on my Note 20 Ultra but what time I have had its been good. I need to give the camera some good usage for sure. The S Pen makes no difference to me if its on left or right as I will soon remember, the power button on most phones is on the right and used to be on the Note phones before the 10+ so no issue there. I've found nothing to warrant a return as yet.

Chris134

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site

I did do my homework and knew ahead of time but its wasn't until I actually used it that i knew it was a no go for me. Like another poster said, its like I dont want to use it anymore