Samsung Trade in Program, how quickly does the process work thread.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I found it amusing a few pages back with everyone wondering how to send their trade-in phones, and using the original box and putting it in another box... lol that is indeed probably the smart thing to do, but for me, I just put my phone in a sandwich bag and wrapped it in the bar code sheet, and then got a little box I had laying around, and just put in in there and filled it with crumpled newspaper tight enough so it wouldn't jiggle. That's how I've always sent them in - I never really thought about putting it back in the original box and putting that box in a box. lol

I got too many old phone original boxes laying around, so I said to hell with it and sent the original box with my Note 9 trade. LOL!

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
They received mine on August 31st and I just received the initial email that the trade-in was received. They are definitely slower this go around.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Finally got mine (email) on yesterday afternoon around 3:00 pm (Sunday here in the US). That was weird, but I'm happy my trade in was successful. Should have been for the near mint Note 9 I sent.

lucien

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm worried my trade-in will be rejected due to I had the screen replaced. The entire repair and screen were covered under Samsung's manufacturer warranty. I did not have to pay a deductible nor did one red cent ever leave any of my pockets as everything was totally covered under the warranty. I'm afraid Samsung might try to recoup the repair by rejecting my trade-in.

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I haven't heard anything back yet. Eleven days. Seems like it took no time at all last year once Samsung had the phone in hand.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm worried my trade-in will be rejected due to I had the screen replaced. The entire repair and screen were covered under Samsung's manufacturer warranty. I did not have to pay a deductible nor did one red cent ever leave any of my pockets as everything was totally covered under the warranty. I'm afraid Samsung might try to recoup the repair by rejecting my trade-in.
I think you should be fine .

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you seriously think that they would reject your phone because the battery died? I am sure they have chargers to plug it in to. LOL
Based on some of the horror stories I've read, it wouldn't surprise me though if they didn't bother.....lol

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Got confirmation that my trade in was received on 8/28. A few days later, got the email saying my trade in was received and that I should received the results and a confirmation within three to seven business days. Now I am just worried that after so much time, the battery will run out and the phone won't turn on...because 2020 LOL.
Well if you turned it off prior to boxing I doubt it would run down to empty unless you sent it back extremely low. Having said that, as already been suggested, I'm sure they would plug it in to test.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That should not impact your trade

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I found it amusing a few pages back with everyone wondering how to send their trade-in phones, and using the original box and putting it in another box... lol that is indeed probably the smart thing to do, but for me, I just put my phone in a sandwich bag and wrapped it in the bar code sheet, and then got a little box I had laying around, and just put in in there and filled it with crumpled newspaper tight enough so it wouldn't jiggle. That's how I've always sent them in - I never really thought about putting it back in the original box and putting that box in a box. lol
I hope it wasn't a used sandwich bag with mayo all over it.

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Well if you turned it off prior to boxing I doubt it would run down to empty unless you sent it back extremely low. Having said that, as already been suggested, I'm sure they would plug it in to test.
Finally got the email today from Samsung saying my trade in had been accepted. Phew! : )