Samsung Trade in Program, how quickly does the process work thread.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
It would be nice if we had a thread for those of us who are sending devices into Samsung for trade in credit. That way we can keep track of the average processing time, success rate, etc.

I sent my Note 10+ back via their FedEx label today, it is in possession of FedEx. The waiting begins.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Based on the past it takes about a week or so. Success rate is based on if you did everything correctly. The biggest issue is when people fail to reset the devices properly.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Based on the past it takes about a week or so. Success rate is based on if you did everything correctly. The biggest issue is when people fail to reset the devices properly.
Yeah, I know. I made a video of the factory reset, packaging, everything. Lol

TIE1138

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if having a cracked back will effect the trade in value?

All I saw noted about the physical condition was that the screen and camera couldn't have cracks and the phone has to be able to fully boot up.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little nervous about my trade in because there's ding in the glass. I stopped by an Att store yesterday and the tech there said that it's normal wear and tear but the Samsung trade in fine print says that "Trade-In Device must have no breaks or cracks, or other defects that go beyond normal wear and tear, including but not limited to: multiple scratches, dents, or dings; evidence of water damage; or corroded charging port, SIM, or battery terminal contacts". I don't want to spend $99 for glass replacement but will if it would ensure that I get full trade-in value.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Mine looked pretty much in mint condition so I wouldn't expect problems. Let's say there are. I still have Samsung Premium Care on that device. Can't they just repair it under that if they claim issues not apparent to me? Haha

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine looked pretty much in mint condition so I wouldn't expect problems. Let's say there are. I still have Samsung Premium Care on that device. Can't they just repair it under that if they claim issues not apparent to me? Haha
The trade in process is handled by a third party so the short answer is no. Even if it was Samsung they aren't going to take time out of their to use your warranty. If the device is in good shape there should be no worries.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little nervous about my trade in because there's ding in the glass. I stopped by an Att store yesterday and the tech there said that it's normal wear and tear but the Samsung trade in fine print says that "Trade-In Device must have no breaks or cracks, or other defects that go beyond normal wear and tear, including but not limited to: multiple scratches, dents, or dings; evidence of water damage; or corroded charging port, SIM, or battery terminal contacts". I don't want to spend $99 for glass replacement but will if it would ensure that I get full trade-in value.
From the wording that you copied it appears that it would be an issue for multiple dings but I can't say for sure.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

How bad is the "ding"?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

All I saw noted about the physical condition was that the screen and camera couldn't have cracks and the phone has to be able to fully boot up.
That might come under things that go beyond normal wear and tear and could be an issue. I'd say contact Samsung but they might not even be able to answer it correctly.

TIE1138

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
That might come under things that go beyond normal wear and tear and could be an issue. I'd say contact Samsung but they might not even be able to answer it correctly.

Thanks, will do. I'll probably end up getting it repaired... Should be significantly cheaper than bumping down the trade in value to $400 or less.

Also, does anyone know if the S Pen has to be returned too? Just curious.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
How bad is the "ding"?

It wasn't until I looked at a photo taken with my new phone that I saw that I had never removed the factory installed glass protector and that's what was dinged!!! I can't believe that the guys at UBreak it and Att both studied the glass and didn't see that the original factory protector was still installed. I'm so embarrassed!!!!

theurbantwist

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Depends on how cracked. The last phone I sent in to them had a crack and a few scratches on the back and even a slight scratch on screen as well. They gave me full value.

I think they're mostly looking for cracked screens more than anything.

I was extremely nervous about the scratch (not crack) on the screen and they didn't mention anything about it.

This time I should definitely have no issues. No cracks or scratches on this phone.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, will do. I'll probably end up getting it repaired... Should be significantly cheaper than bumping down the trade in value to $400 or less.

The S Pen does need to be returned.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't until I looked at a photo taken with my new phone that I saw that I had never removed the factory installed glass protector and that's what was dinged!!! I can't believe that the guys at UBreak it and Att both studied the glass and didn't see that the original factory protector was still installed. I'm so embarrassed!!!!

LOL, sometimes that's how life roll.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I've heard of people not returning the Spen and even having conversations with Samsung telling them they don't need to return it. Me...I'm not willing to take the chance unless I see it in writing.

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem getting the factory installed screen protector off their trade in?? Mine is scratched up after having the Note 10+ for a year. But now I need to return that phone back to Samsung and I cannot for the life of me get the screen saver off. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03