Samsung ripped Note 20 buyers off in 2020...

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I feel Samsung ripped us off this year with all the cost cutting and downgrades.

Let's see what they removed or downgraded. I'm referencing the Note 20 Ultra.

-Major downgrade from 256gb to 128gb
-Big downgrade in charging speed from 45w to 25w
-Big downgrade in the front camera from 40mp to 10mp
-Big downgrade in extra memory when you buy the extra storage. 12gb instead of 16gb that you got with the Note 10 and S20 Ultra
-Removal of the factory installed screen protecter

Not so important but other cost cuts
-no AKG headphones
-No S pen tip removal tool
-No S pen tip replacements

Don't get me wrong, the Note 20 Ultra is the best phone in the world but with so several downgrades & cost cuts along with the biggest price increase in Note history, I feel we were all sheep this year like our iPhone friends. Samsung is testing the limits in how much they can charge us along with cost cuts. This reminds me of 2015 with the Note 5 when so many features were removed. That was the only Note since the Note II I didn't own.

I'm sure a lot of this has to do with Qualcomm forcing Samsung to buy 2 chips because of the 5G which really doesn't make sense since the mid-level chips have modem and CPU on 1 chip. As one of the biggest phone manufacturers in the world Samsung shouldn't have let Qualcomm do this.

I feel like Samsung ripped us off in 2020. We're sheep this year but I'm optimistic that 2021 will be much better with a 5nm SOC Snapdragon

Note to Samsung. Keep your free accessories and put that money into a phone with specs to the max.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-series-cost-cutting-measures-desperate/

Last edited:

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Removing the 45w wasn't a big deal, it only added like 10 mins faster charging and you had to fork out an additional $50 for it.

Also which phone had 16gb of RAM? Wasn't the largest Samsung ever made so far 12gb of RAM?

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You can get AKG headphones free if you contact Samsung they will send them to you

Honestly I never used them since I use wireless buds and beats headphones. Which is why I mention less significant but a cost cut by Samsung. They did the trifecta. Downgrades, cost cuts and higher price.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Removing the 45w wasn't a big deal, it only added like 10 mins faster charging and you had to fork out an additional $50 for it.

Also which phone had 16gb of RAM? Wasn't the largest Samsung ever made so far 12gb of RAM?

Its a big deal to me, time is money. 10 minutes every charge is a lot. And that 10 minutes gained is in the first 30 minutes and 10% extra of charging means 45 minutes more of time.

So that 10 minutes savings adds 45 minutes. Multiply that by a hell of a lot of charges and that's big. Maybe you don't take advantage of all that time savings. And the 45w chargers were free with promo credits. Definitely worth it

And in an era when other phone makers are going higher, not lower on charging speeds this is unacceptable. We should have got 60w charging this year. Don't be a sheep and accept what Samsung gives you like Apple customers do with iPhones

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only thing was dropping the 256gb storage for US but other then that this phone a major major major go for me .

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I don't care about those things at all. I never once used the free headphones, I don't notice any difference in charging speeds, and I never once ever had to use S Pen tips.

I agree about the 256GB, but that's why I purchased the 512GB storage option.

I don't feel ripped off, not at all.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about those things at all. I never once used the free headphones, I don't notice any difference in charging speeds, and I never once ever had to use S Pen tips.

I agree about the 256GB, but that's why I purchased the 512GB storage option.

I don't feel ripped off, not at all.

iPhone users justify getting less by saying they don't need features that were cut.

Last year the Note 10+ was $1,100 for 256gb.

This year the Note 20 with more than 128gb is $1,450. We all got ripped. Don't be a sheep. I admit it. But dont be like an iPhone buyer and say ok, yes Apple. how much? Ok.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
And in an era when other phone makers are going higher, not lower on charging speeds this is unacceptable. We should have got 60w charging this year. Don't be a sheep and accept what Samsung gives you like Apple customers do with iPhones

Faster isn't always better, and comes with tradeoffs like extra wear and tear on the battery. Unless the battery is pushing 12Ah (12,000mAh) capacities, don't expect to see 60W charging on major brand name phones. That's not being a sheep, it's understanding the physical and chemical limitations of Li-ion batteries.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Lordy Lordy me. Is it just me or the fact about the the "screen protector" that was supposed to be used for manufacturing and shipping purposes only as a reason to return 1k+ phone?
Please lord help me. I know I would be permanently banned if there are more posts like this 🤔🙄

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34