Excellent fingerprint and facial recognition

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me who got lucky and got it set up really good or is it working as perfect for everyone else?
I'm not using a screen protector, set up both my thumbs TWICE and just face as it instructed me to.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I noticed it straight away out of the box, only one fingerprint registered and using the factory screen protector, impressive.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
This makes me happy! I use the fps for not just the phone, but many apps as well. Did they fix the facial recognition problems as well? Every time I tried it before, the screen and camera broke 📸😭🤔

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Still getting use to the finger scanner being on the screen. I keep reaching to the back of the phone as I'm coming from a Note 8... I don't use Face Unlock. Not as secure.

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
This makes me happy! I use the fps for not just the phone, but many apps as well. Did they fix the facial recognition problems as well? Every time I tried it before, the screen and camera broke
I have both setup and they are facial recognition is much better than what it used to be

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine keeps telling me to push harder. Not working well for me with the whitestone on.
I'd heartily recommend doing it again.

I got my phone and installed the WSD protector immediately then registered my thumb print twice. I couldn't believe how bad it was. I seriously couldn't understand why reviewers were saying the FPS was better than last time.

I then had to annoyingly factory reset my phone just hours after I had spent a whole day setting everything up and went through the process again. And now it is excellent. Sure, there's the occasional misfire but we're talking one in eight attempts. Don't know what happened but it worked for me and the difference is night and day

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
My last note was the 7, and coming from an s9 plus I really like this phone, I don't usually use any unlock security (I know it's risky) but I did the face recognition and it's seems to be just as fast or a little faster than my iPad pro face recognition.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd be interested to hear from people who have fitted a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector and say what their experience is with the fps.

It works at least 95% first time. I just find it slow. It seems to have to think about whether or not it'll let me in.

Facial is immediate. I set it up with and without my sunglasses. Perfect.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector here and have been having no issues with fingerprint sensor, works super fast and works 99.99% on the first time.

So nice to use fingerprint after face unlock only in Pixel 4 and iPhones. Glad that Pixel 5 is adding the fingerprint back especially in the current situation of masks required in most places.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
My screen protector arrives tomorrow so right now I got nothing on the screen and the FPS seems to be working better than the one on the N10+(at least for me). Hopefully it's still this good with the screen protector.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
When I fit the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector I do the following.

Delete any previous prints then set new ones up after fitting the Dome.

When I fit the Dome after the first curing I gently press where te scanner is and then 2nd cure.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
When I fit the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector I do the following.

Delete any previous prints then set new ones up after fitting the Dome.

When I fit the Dome after the first curing I gently press where te scanner is and then 2nd cure.
Ironically the Note 20 prompts you to set it up without a protector

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Is it just me who got lucky and got it set up really good or is it working as perfect for everyone else?
I'm not using a screen protector, set up both my thumbs TWICE and just face as it instructed me to.

I'm using the proper factory installed screen protector (not the plastic film) and my fingerprint works like a dream. Its never told me I need to do it again and its pretty fast. I've set up the facial recognition and while it seems to work ok, I don't think it's as good as the face ID on my old XS Max, I've not had an android in 8+ years so I can't compare to previous versions by Samsung. Not that bothered tnough because I prefer the fingerprint anyway.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It is so weird. Because I don't have any issues with the fps on my S10+ and I never really have. I have sensitivity turned up and it works flawlessly every time. I have never had the problems other people have had with the ultrasonic fps.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It is so weird. Because I don't have any issues with the fps on my S10+ and I never really have. I have sensitivity turned up and it works flawlessly every time. I have never had the problems other people have had with the ultrasonic fps.

Yeah, I never really had a problem with it on my Note 10+, or do I have any problems on my Note 20 Ultra. I generally have oily skin though, and folks with drier skin seem to have more issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC