09-14-2020 08:32 PM
48 12
tools
    Is it just me who got lucky and got it set up really good or is it working as perfect for everyone else?
    I'm not using a screen protector, set up both my thumbs TWICE and just face as it instructed me to.
    08-22-2020 05:56 AM
    I noticed it straight away out of the box, only one fingerprint registered and using the factory screen protector, impressive.
    SeanD_Colorado likes this.
    08-22-2020 05:59 AM
    This makes me happy! I use the fps for not just the phone, but many apps as well. Did they fix the facial recognition problems as well? Every time I tried it before, the screen and camera broke 📸😭🤔
    08-22-2020 06:06 AM
    Still getting use to the finger scanner being on the screen. I keep reaching to the back of the phone as I'm coming from a Note 8... I don't use Face Unlock. Not as secure.
    sincere11105 likes this.
    08-22-2020 06:06 AM
    This makes me happy! I use the fps for not just the phone, but many apps as well. Did they fix the facial recognition problems as well? Every time I tried it before, the screen and camera broke
    I have both setup and they are facial recognition is much better than what it used to be
    08-22-2020 08:25 AM
    I'd be interested to hear from people who have fitted a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector and say what their experience is with the fps.
    08-22-2020 08:26 AM
    Much better than the note 10 was and so far it's on point and super fast great job Samsung!
    08-22-2020 10:39 AM
    I'd be interested to hear from people who have fitted a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector and say what their experience is with the fps.
    Mine keeps telling me to push harder. Not working well for me with the whitestone on.
    08-22-2020 11:48 AM
    Mine keeps telling me to push harder. Not working well for me with the whitestone on.
    I'd heartily recommend doing it again.

I got my phone and installed the WSD protector immediately then registered my thumb print twice. I couldn't believe how bad it was. I seriously couldn't understand why reviewers were saying the FPS was better than last time.

I then had to annoyingly factory reset my phone just hours after I had spent a whole day setting everything up and went through the process again. And now it is excellent. Sure, there's the occasional misfire but we're talking one in eight attempts. Don't know what happened but it worked for me and the difference is night and day
    08-22-2020 12:07 PM
    My last note was the 7, and coming from an s9 plus I really like this phone, I don't usually use any unlock security (I know it's risky) but I did the face recognition and it's seems to be just as fast or a little faster than my iPad pro face recognition.
    08-22-2020 12:11 PM
    It works at least 95% first time. I just find it slow. It seems to have to think about whether or not it'll let me in.

Facial is immediate. I set it up with and without my sunglasses. Perfect.
    jjb415 likes this.
    08-22-2020 12:19 PM
    No screen protector here and have been having no issues with fingerprint sensor, works super fast and works 99.99% on the first time.

So nice to use fingerprint after face unlock only in Pixel 4 and iPhones. Glad that Pixel 5 is adding the fingerprint back especially in the current situation of masks required in most places.
    08-22-2020 12:35 PM
    My screen protector arrives tomorrow so right now I got nothing on the screen and the FPS seems to be working better than the one on the N10+(at least for me). Hopefully it's still this good with the screen protector.
    08-22-2020 12:49 PM
    When I fit the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector I do the following.

Delete any previous prints then set new ones up after fitting the Dome.

When I fit the Dome after the first curing I gently press where te scanner is and then 2nd cure.
    08-22-2020 01:06 PM
    When I fit the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector I do the following.

Delete any previous prints then set new ones up after fitting the Dome.

When I fit the Dome after the first curing I gently press where te scanner is and then 2nd cure.
    Ironically the Note 20 prompts you to set it up without a protector
    08-22-2020 01:11 PM
    A conundrum then as the instructions with the WSD say set new ones up ! Lol.

I'll have a play and see if my initial prints work OK.
    08-22-2020 01:13 PM
    Is it just me who got lucky and got it set up really good or is it working as perfect for everyone else?
    I'm not using a screen protector, set up both my thumbs TWICE and just face as it instructed me to.
    I'm using the proper factory installed screen protector (not the plastic film) and my fingerprint works like a dream. Its never told me I need to do it again and its pretty fast. I've set up the facial recognition and while it seems to work ok, I don't think it's as good as the face ID on my old XS Max, I've not had an android in 8+ years so I can't compare to previous versions by Samsung. Not that bothered tnough because I prefer the fingerprint anyway.
    08-22-2020 01:42 PM
    It is so weird. Because I don't have any issues with the fps on my S10+ and I never really have. I have sensitivity turned up and it works flawlessly every time. I have never had the problems other people have had with the ultrasonic fps.
    08-22-2020 02:44 PM
    It is so weird. Because I don't have any issues with the fps on my S10+ and I never really have. I have sensitivity turned up and it works flawlessly every time. I have never had the problems other people have had with the ultrasonic fps.
    Yeah, I never really had a problem with it on my Note 10+, or do I have any problems on my Note 20 Ultra. I generally have oily skin though, and folks with drier skin seem to have more issues.
    08-22-2020 02:46 PM
    I haven't had any issues with FPS using Whitestone Dome.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    08-22-2020 03:16 PM
    A conundrum then as the instructions with the WSD say set new ones up ! Lol.

I'll have a play and see if my initial prints work OK.
    Also toggle touch sensitivity on
    08-22-2020 03:58 PM
    Actually, I had the worst time getting my fingerprints scanned in.

I can't say anything about facial recognition. I'm not going to set it up on my Note 20. The Note 9 will probably be the last Samsung phone that I will be setting it up on.
    08-23-2020 02:12 AM
    Still getting use to the finger scanner being on the screen. I keep reaching to the back of the phone as I'm coming from a Note 8... I don't use Face Unlock. Not as secure.
    Same here. I still think that rear fps might still be the better setup. I also miss the option where you can bring the notification screen down by swiping down on the fps.
    Angmoe likes this.
    08-23-2020 02:15 AM
    Same here. I still think that rear fps might still be the better setup. I also miss the option where you can bring the notification screen down by swiping down on the fps.
    Yeah my wife has the Galaxy S9 and it pains me to see her notification LED flashing away there and the FPS on the back at an ideal location and like you say, the option to use the rear FPS to pull down the notification bar.
    08-23-2020 03:14 AM
    Yeah my wife has the Galaxy S9 and it pains me to see her notification LED flashing away there and the FPS on the back at an ideal location and like you say, the option to use the rear FPS to pull down the notification bar.
    I had to move on from mine and the preorder was too good to pass up.

I will say that the fps isn't too bad, but I have had a few moments where I have been worried about dropping my phone while trying to unlock it.

I also keep hitting the volume down button when trying to turn my phone screen off
    08-23-2020 03:51 AM
48 12